A2058 slot location

RetroNinja

Country
Las Vegas
Region
NV USA
Hello,
Is there a 'proper' location for these cards? I have (2) of them and they seem to like slot 1 on my A2000. Is there something to do with the bus + memory access (timing?)?

A2058 card A
when I install in slot 1 or 2 (closest to the CPU) it works fine and the system boots
when I install in slot 3-5 the A2000 will not even boot, just hangs on a black screen

A2058 card B
when I install in slot 1 (closest to the CPU) it works fine and the system boots
when I install in slot 2-5 the A2000 will not even boot, just hangs on a black screen

I doubt it matters but...
A2000 rev 6.3
just recapped
ROM 3.1
both A2058 are rev4
both A2058 only have the factory 2MB soldered in/on
no other cards installed

RetroNinja

Country
Las Vegas
Region
NV USA
Nevermind.

Next I plugged both in at the same time and they both worked on the first power up. I swapped card A + B between slot 1 + 2 and they still worked. I then put the 'slot1 only' card by itself in slot 4 and it booted fine. Now I can't get the A2000 to fail on boot. It always boots fine and ATK v1.20 runs memchcek with no errors.

Who knows. Maybe the caps on the Zorro II bus don't charge unless they are used? Again, just recapped on Friday.

This is what happens when you have too much time on yours hands on a 4 day weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom