A3000 help

optiguy

AmiBayer
Country
U.S.A.
Region
Connecticut
I got a hold of an a 3000 with battery damage, had everything fixed by Anthony Hoffman (replaced denise socket and battery), the problem comes whenever I try to install drivers the system freezes up and the hd light stays on. It usually gets about 1/2 way through and even happens when I try to copy a single program to the hd like sys info. Any thought or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

matt020

Finger lickin' good
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Australia
Region
Western Australia
It sounds like SCSI bus lock ups. Is your SCSI chain terminated?

LTAC

AmiBayer
Country
FRANCE
Region
South of PARIS
I got a hold of an a 3000 with battery damage, had everything fixed by Anthony Hoffman (replaced denise socket and battery), the problem comes whenever I try to install drivers the system freezes up and the hd light stays on. It usually gets about 1/2 way through and even happens when I try to copy a single program to the hd like sys info. Any thought or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

So you know Anthony :D

optiguy

AmiBayer
Country
U.S.A.
Region
Connecticut
It seems to be, The funny thing is I can install wb 3.1 fine but then when I try to install asim cdfs or spectrum video card drivers it will get 1/2 way through and lock up

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

I only know Anthony because of his great repairs, super nice guy and extremely knowledgeable. He has fixed several things for me A3640, a3000 mobo all top notch work and fairly reasonable price as well.

parcival

AmiBayer
Country
belgium
Region
antwerp
Does this a3000 have an upgraded scsi chip or is it still the original proto version which has problems with removable media like a cd-rom.
Doesn't explain the problem with the spectrum though.

Doe you have many devices connected to the scsi bus?
If you have try moving them around on the cable until you find a sequence that's stable. It shouldn't make a difference but over the years i've discovered that besides the rules (terminating both ends of the scsi bus) there does seem some magic involved.

optiguy

AmiBayer
Country
U.S.A.
Region
Connecticut
It has the original SCSI chip, I have the latest version on its way to me as I am typing.
It's pretty much a stock 3000 setup so only the one hard drive on the SCSI bus.

Top Bottom