merlin1968

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Derby
Hi All,

I've prepped an 80gb IDE drive in WinUAE and it works fine.

Boot partition is 1Gb FFS OS3.9 Classic.

Additional partitions prepped (in WinUAE) with PSF3AOI and work find in WinUAE with my WHDLoad files on them but when I put them in my 4k, only show up as not initialised :mad:.

HDTOOLS says that the partitions are there and are PFS3 in A4k but not initialised.

Put it back in WinUAE and they're there and I can see the games etc....

Followed Fitzsteves tutorial (which is excellent btw).

Prepped another drive in WinUAE ages ago (which is currently running in my 4K) and works like a trooper. I've used the same 4k profile/ram/resources etc..

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation...

John

voyager_1701e

Country
Australia
Region
Maitland, NSW
I know Ive experienced a similar problem before, but I cant recall what the solution was.

Does the other partitions (DH1: etc etc) show up in the early boot menu? What version of SCSI.device are you using? What are the sizes of the other partitions? If you prep a second partition on the real system does it then show up? Was the other drive that worked the same size/model?

Unless it obvious to someone out here...think we need more info :)

merlin1968

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Derby
I know Ive experienced a similar problem before, but I cant recall what the solution was.

Does the other partitions (DH1: etc etc) show up in the early boot menu? What version of SCSI.device are you using? What are the sizes of the other partitions? If you prep a second partition on the real system does it then show up? Was the other drive that worked the same size/model?

Unless it obvious to someone out here...think we need more info :)

Thanks for your reply Voyager_1701e,

All drives/partitions show up in early startup, but when WB loads the partitions visable in WinUAE that contain files are not initialised.

I'm starting to think it may be a WinUAE issue. I prepped the original fully working drive in WinUAE 2.x and this drive in 3.x.

I've now put the drive in a real 4k and the additional partitions were quick formatted (and it shows the PSF3 pop up). I've lost the files so I'll have to copy them over again, but in the 4k the partitions are now stable.

I think I'll go back to WinUAE 2.x and try again.

This 'new' drive was for another 4k with a Cyberstorm Mk1. Strangely though, although the boot partition boots fine with my Warp Engine 040, I get continual Guru's, with and without the NOSCSIUPDATE option with the Cyberstorm. Maybe this is a 'quirk' with Classic WB3.9? BB1 & BB2 were installed as per Bloodwych's instructions.

I'll give it another try.

Its all fun!

Last edited:

Toni.Wilen

Country
Finland
Region
Hämeenlinna
I think I have reply my usual "Not enough information" reply..

Does other partition appear if it is completely inside first 8G of drive? If yes, usual problem: scsi.device update missing. (DirectSCSI + IDE = only first 8G is available without updates)

What does "version full scsi.device" return?

IDE emulation mode in WinUAE? ("UAE" of course always works)
(It surely has nothing to do with WinUAE versions)

Top Bottom