AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
Hi all,

I was just admiring Fitzsteve's A4000 in this thread :
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=7140&page=2

when I read that he connected his Picasso to the bottom slot as that is the video slot...

I pulled out my Cybervision manual and re-read "Will work in any slot in the Zorro busboard"

How come the Picasso needs to be installed in the video slot and the Cybervision doesn't?

Marc

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
AFAIR the Picasso will work in any Zorro slot but if you've got the scan doubler/flicker fixer addon this needs to go in the bottom video slot.

In my case my PIV is in the bottom slot so that it only covers one slot and leaves the rest free as it has the SD/FF.

Has you Cyber got SD/FF?

Dave G :cool:

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

Glad you liked my post! (y)

As Dave says my PicassoIV has a 'Video Slot Scan Doubler' attached therefore it needs to go in the bottom slot as that is where the Video slot is.

You can get a Scan Doubler for the CV64/3D and then if you have that attached you would need to use the bottom slot.

The Scan Doubler module can be seperated (and connected by cables) from the PicassoIV, but that means you have to break it off! Thats how you would use it in an A2000 or if you needed for some reason to use it in any of the other Zorro slots which AFAIK are all the same.

Steve.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@fitzsteve & davideo

Absolutely right! (y)

One of the best possibilities of the Picasso IV is the built-in Scandoubler/FF but you must install the bottom slot (video slot) to use it.

What's your board Cybervision 64 or 64/3D?

Cheers

Last edited:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ marcb

To to clarify for you, all the slots in an A3K/A4K are ZORRO III. There are two parts to each ZORRO Slot. The ZORRO Part & the ISA part. ZORRO are near the front of the A4KD & the ISA near the rear. In an A4KD, the bottom ZORRO Slot has a VIDEO part where the Video Signals for the Amiga can be picked up. This is instead of the ISA part of the Slot, as per other ZORRO slots. ;)

Your CV64 will fit in any of them as it will only use the ZORRO Part of the Slot, but there is no point putting your CV64 into the bottom slot as it does not interface with the Video part of said Video Slot. Consequently, you would be wasting your only available Video Slot.
The PIV needs the video slot to pick up & send Video Signals. In the Case of the PIV, the Flicker Fixer part of the card actually goes into the Video part of that very bottom Slot.

As the boys above point out, you can get a FF for the CV64/3D & that would need to be in the Video Slot too.

All the Best.

Kin

Marcb

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Sydney
Cheers boys,

That clears it up for me, I was blissfully ignorant of the video slot, had no idea it was there!

I have a cv64 hooked up to an indivision4000.

I'm actually having a few booting issues since I installed the cv64 so I thought maybe I'd put it in the wrong slot... (on cold boot boots to a dark grey then after soft reset gurus a few times then boots normally as if nothing ever happened)

I've been too lazy to actually do anything about it yet because once it boots I' m happy :)

I must say that I never fail to be impressed with how many helpful people there are on Amibay(y)

Fieldday

Country
Germany
Region
Swabia
Hi,
do you have any other zorro cards? It is not relevant on which zorro slot your cv64 plugged in.If you don´t have any other zorro card you maybe check your mainboard for leaking battery or a damaged board.

FD

Top Bottom