JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
As the title may suggest, i know what i want, but i have no clue on what i need for it exactly.

I have an Escom A4000T which will be equipped with a Cybervision 64/3d. That part is quite simple.

I also have an A40000D (CR version), 030 possibly some accelerator in the future, and i would like to take another route with this one. I am quite charmed of the voodoo graphic cards used in an A4000 and would like to give that a go.
I googled and searched on the forum a bit, I don't know yet why i should choose a voodoo 3 4 or 5 over another. I also am not sure what kind of board i need to fit the voodoo, i think a pci busboard (and if it matters which voodoo i want to use).

I am basically looking for all the parts needed for the above :)

Tahoe

Collector Extrodinaire
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Wilnis
If you intend to keep the desktop in it's original case, you need to be on the lookout for the Mediator 4000Di, the normal Mediator 4000D is meant to be used in a tower conversion.

You'd better look at a (modified) Radeon graphics card instead of a Voodoo. First off, they are easier to obtain, can even still be bought through Elbox, and they are faster.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
And as a bonus, you can use up to 128Mb of the Radeon card as system memory.

The only advantage of the Voodoo 3 is the WarpOS drivers.

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
With a stock 4000 (not accelerated, and no ppc anyways) i don't think that's a must for me (warpos).

It's just to do something different with this system then with the tower, and some nice gfx in amiga os (i have no clue what warpos does) :)

That radeon idea doesn't sound to bad (especially the card memory which i could use sounds really neat) ^^

I assume the Radeon card is a special modified version, and not a 'normal' pci pc version?

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
There are several versions of the Radeon card. Some are 5V only, and those are the ones you can use directly even on an old Mediator Di.

But Elbox sells some modified 3.3V versions with a 5 to 3.3V regulator soldered on the card which will work flawlessly on the Mediator, too. Albeit more expensive.

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
You can tell by where the notch is in the PCI connector. Dual 5v and 3.3v usually have 2 notches out of the connector on the card.

Edit - Here's a picture of a Dual voltage card. Notice the notch in the front as well as the back. This should help identifying cards.

Attachments

• siig-low-profile-pci-2sdos.jpg
    siig-low-profile-pci-2sdos.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Good question. I'm certain someone will be able to tell you that here shortly. It also doesn't hurt to check with your local computer stores, sometimes they have old PCI video cards sitting around waiting for someone to buy them. It wouldn't hurt to check it out I think.

Jon Hare

Rating - 99.5%
188   1   0
Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
I have several (CPU board, Mediator PCI, PCI busboard etc) of your wanted stuff for sale. PM sent

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
No Mediator pci thing which will fit my 4000D unfortunately. Still looking for that + a video card (Radeon , or voodoo if i must)

Kin Hell

Banned
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ JiggyMF

I have a Voodoo 3000 PCI here. PM me if you're interested?

Kin

JiggyMF

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
the Netherlands
Region
Breda area
pm sent

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Have a deal with Kin for a Voodoo card.
If someone could change the titel to Mediator 4000DI, that would be appreciated :)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
pm sent

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Have a deal with Kin for a Voodoo card.
If someone could change the titel to Mediator 4000DI, that would be appreciated :)

No problems.

Dave G :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom