Status
Not open for further replies.

abraXXious

Banned
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Australia
I know this is going to somehow be a stupid question.... but I just HAVE to ask anywayz....

Why?

I mean, don't you want to install a cd device of some kind? DVD burner etc? I myself would be happy to give you a 5.25" faceplate for an a4k, but of the 3 a4ks I have purchased, only one still had it, and within 24 hours it had a nice dvd burner in there with the faceplate discarded to the bin. :(

Again, I am probably missing some obvious reason why you should want to not have a cd device installed - I just cant for the life of me think of what it might be?!

ajk

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
225   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Helsinki
I don't think it's that strange, I may leave mine out aswell at least after the OS and stuff is installed. The case is already pretty cramped and there is little room for all the SCSI and floppy cabling between the CDROM drive and PSU, and data transfers can be done more conveniently over USB or Ethernet these days.

abraXXious

Banned
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Australia
Sorry, I still dont get it, but to each his own I guess. Im considering bidding on an a4000D which, amazingly, does not have any cd device installed. If I do end up with it I will be happy to send you the faceplate as I find a blank piece of plastic where a dvd burner should be an eyesore. :)

The case in question looks very clean (no yellowing) from the pictures, so the blanking panel should suit well.

orange

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Belgrade, Serbia
Sorry, I still dont get it, but to each his own I guess. Im considering bidding on an a4000D which, amazingly, does not have any cd device installed. If I do end up with it I will be happy to send you the faceplate as I find a blank piece of plastic where a dvd burner should be an eyesore. :)

The case in question looks very clean (no yellowing) from the pictures, so the blanking panel should suit well.

actually I wanted to similarly ask why people insist on trying to hack A1200 by fitting a cdrom inside? is that some kind of 'cdrom envy'?

I just don't like cdroms anymore. they are slow, take space, can get scratched etc.. iirc, I never really used them on any Amiga (except cdtv and cd32). my A4000D has a network card, that's much more elegant. also I wouldn't wanna
listen to audiocd, now with flac (and 14bit).
perhaps I could fit in those temperature and fan controls thingy .

anyway, thanks for the offer, I am interested. please let me know if you win auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom