A4000D Replacement Battery questions...

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi,

I have a Noob question...... :oops:

After reading some posts about A4000D batterys. I'm thinkg to change the battery for one "coin" type.

I see some A4000D mobos with Lithium CR2032 3v, but the "original" and new barrel batterys are 3.6v. :blink:

So, the CR2032 3v works fine? Not problems with different voltages?

Thanks

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@davideo

With this batteries, you need desolder/solder each time you want to replace? Is not better a socketed coin battery?

I ask, because I have some sockets (from old/broken mobos) for CR2032 batteries...

Thanks

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
These are rechargeable and should hopefully last as long as the caps do - so you can do both jobs together when they need doing :D

If you use a standard CR2032 you'll need to do the battery hack to stop your Miggy trying to recharge a non-rechargeable battery - otherwise you'll get a big bang from your Miggy that you didn't expect :oops:

Dave G :cool:

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@davideo

Thanks for the info m8.

Last question :oops:

Just desolder the older one and solder the new? (I think is not needed any "hack" at the mobo, right?)

I go to buy four units of the recommended batteries....

Thanks again

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
If you get the same battery as I did - then just unsolder, clean up and solder new battery - easy peasy (y)

If you want to use a standard CR battery then you'll need a diode, battery holder and battery. Otherwise it's the same as above with the exception of fitting the diode between the battery holder and MB.

Andylandy did a thread on fitting this type of setup on his 2000. See here https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=3542

Dave G :cool:

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs