A4000Di issues

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi

Finally I received my A4000D but have issues with Mediator 4000Di.

Components Installed:

- ATX 500w PSU (adapter cable)
- ROM 3.1
- Cyberstorm MK-II 060/50 128MB
- Cyberstorm SCSI-Kit
- Indivision AGA 4000
- Mediator 4000Di
- DENEB USB
- Radeon 9250 256MB
- FM801 PCI Sound

Storage:

- One IDE HDD
- Two SCSI DVD-RW
- One USB HDD

---------------

System works fine but don't recognize PCI boards. PciInfo: "can't open pci.library"

Without PCI boards installed, PciInfo shows information correctly :blink:

Mobo has only 2MB chip.

Any idea?.... :bowdown:

Please :help: :help: :help:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Have you copied the Vendors.txt file to your S: Directory?

Elbox were naughty & removed it from their site some time ago. Here are the Updates for you too. See Attachments. (y)

No Fast Ram on your Mobo should not make any difference.

Also, pull Deneb to be sure it isn't a DMA thing. You might be better off setting the Deneb to Non - DMA with the Elbox Kludged Drivers.

Kin

Attachments

• MediatorUP3.12.lha
    217.5 KB · Views: 0
  • MM_CD_UP1.31.lha
    174.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Vendors.zip
    86.3 KB · Views: 0

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi Kin,

Yes I have all the updates (also the 1.33).

I try with your Vendors file but no way. PCI boards don't work...... :|

Deneb is working on PIO mode the only DMA is the Cyberstorm SCSI Kit

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Oh dear. Sounds like you need to to generate a report & Email it to Elbox along with your Mediator Serial Number. You might need a MACH chip update.

Obviously Power isn't an issue, but is your PSU healthy? - A dead or half dead one with failing Rails wouldn't help, but then I'm sure you'd see some crashing or other anomalie.

I was always a Voodoo guy & am not really clued up with the Radeons in Elbox stuff. IIRC, Arnljot has some experience of Radeons. ;)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck all the same. (y)

Kin

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Oh! Bad news.

I bought the A4000Di directly from Elbox 20 days a go. They sold a older one? :nuts:

The PSU works fine is a new one 500w ATX with adapter cable from Amigakit.

Thanks

Megatron-UK

Country
UK
Region
Durham/Newcastle
I was always a Voodoo guy & am not really clued up with the Radeons in Elbox stuff. IIRC, Arnljot has some experience of Radeons. ;)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck all the same. (y)

Kin

The Mediator should work without a graphics card installed (or, at least function and allow you to scan and enumerate devices) - up until I received a 9250 yesterday I had my Mediator 1200 PCI recognising a Realtek 8139c via the command line pciinfo command. Can you run it with just the soundcard installed and see if any PCI devices are listed?

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ merlinkv

If you only bought it from them 20 days ago, then it should be abslutely spot on. You should get 12 months Warranty with Elbox for the product & life-time support. So get Emailing m8y. (y)

I'd still be doing a total strip of all Zorro Cards & PCI cards & start from scratch. ;)

@ Megatron-UK

Yeah m8. PciBusInfo should tell him most things & as he already said, it does not when he has cards installed. That's why I suggested removing the Deneb (especially if he has it configured to run in DMA mode)

Kin

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
I remember people who bought new Elbox Mediators with ancient Mach chips! And Elbox don't upgrade those for free!

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I am in the same boat :huh: and are about to throw the mediator out. Elbox did not answer my mails at all, so I am interested where this thread leads to...:whistle:People on here have been real helpfull, here is the thread you might find some info in it that helps you

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=5884

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi....

Well, ElBox answer and told me my A4000Di is the latest board revision with newest chips...

But, I don't understand nothing.

All system works fine... ROM, memory, Indivision, DENEB (Z3 PIO mode), FastATA MKV Z3, SCSI DVD's, USB HDD's, Pen drives, WHDLoad games, etc..... :)

I test all possible combinations of boards... also the jumpers on Mediator, mobo, CS MK-II, SCSI Kit, etc.... but PciInfo says everytime... "I can't open pci.library" :(

I'm desperate because I spend lot of money and no RTG graphics. (On my old A1200 system with Mediator 1200TX everything works fine).

Any idea? :help: :help:

Thanks

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
OK.....

No way with Di

Open thread looking for a 4000D tested with PCI RTG boards.

Thanks to all

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
I think we need to ask the pcinfo and pcinfo library from a fellow memeber, I have the same problem.

What do you think?

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Is one possibility.... but I have the latest PciInfo tool, pci.library and also openpci.library....... No one works.

I test the system without any board installed... a "pure" A4000D but only one time I see information from PciInfo..... no more times..... :(

I check the contacts of the Zorro to PCI bridge board.... looks clear and nothing wrong........

Also with clear installations of WB 3.1 & OS 3.9..... don´t work.

The problem maybe chips or maybe something wrong on PCI passthrough, because mobo, PSU, HDD´s, FDD´s, CS MK-II, CS SCSI Kit, Z3 boards, ...... works great with Mediator or standard daugther board installed.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Do you have a PLCC extractor tool?

If so, simply extract carefully one MACH chip at a time and put it back on the socket. If the problem is an oxidized contact the removal/reinsertion process will clean the socket & chip enough to make all work again.

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@rkauer

Yes, I have a PLCC extractor. This evening I try extracting chip.

Thanks

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@rkauer

So, I extracted chips, (one by one)... all appears clean and in good condition.

PCI slots don't work....

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Time to join mediator discussion on yahoogroups... I think I saw a thread like it before in there...

Top Bottom