A500/A600/A1200... how may were there???

WhoShotMrWhite

CTRL+LeftAmiga+RightAmiga
AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Liverpool
Okay my original thread disappeared without reason (thread got off track? ebay links?) SO again, does anyone just how many A500's, A600's and A1200's were made? Mostly interested in A1200 date, think millions of Miggy 500's were manufactured! ;)

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
I heard the figure was 7 million :)

BTW, I saw your had disappeared, what has happend here mods???

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
@ ipod_sock

It probably got deleted by a mod for some reason or another - funny, I was under the impression that that kind of thing didn't happen here and everything was open and above-board.

Here's a copy for posterity lol

Attachments

• capture_22102010_145552.jpg
    capture_22102010_145552.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
One of the moderators felt that the thread was beginning to attract price driving comments and some of the posts were very close to troll activities.

The thread hasn't been deleted although it has been "unapproved" at this time, which means it can be seen in the staff area only.

WhoShotMrWhite

CTRL+LeftAmiga+RightAmiga
AmiBayer
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Liverpool
One of the moderators felt that the thread was beginning to attract price driving comments and some of the posts were very close to troll activities.

No and WHAT?!? :huh:

The thread hasn't been deleted although it has been "unapproved" at this time, which means it can be seen in the staff area only.

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I've sent you a PM, and will be shortly re-approving the thread.

Geraldine

Re-discovering Amigas after a bit of an absence!
Country
Scotland
Region
Renfrewshire
Again, this is just guessing work.
http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/sales.html

So in total about 5 million worldwide.

I looked at those sales figures in that link you provided Buzzfuzz, I always thought Amigas sold best in the USA? That was where Commodore was based afterall. And I was surprised to see the UK top the list. I knew it would be high on the list and Germany too, but thought the USA would be top. Guess you learn something new every day, especially on this forum ;)

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
Ahaha no, USA was IBM compatable or nothing. Something to do with Americans usually preferring crap over quailty. (hersheys "chocolate", any ford USA product after the 60s, privatised healthcare, etc)

I'm putting on my serious face right now.

Buzzfuzz

Amiga tweaker
AmiBayer
Country
Netherlands
Region
Zuid Holland
Again, this is just guessing work.
http://www.amigahistory.co.uk/sales.html

So in total about 5 million worldwide.

I looked at those sales figures in that link you provided Buzzfuzz, I always thought Amigas sold best in the USA? That was where Commodore was based afterall. And I was surprised to see the UK top the list. I knew it would be high on the list and Germany too, but thought the USA would be top. Guess you learn something new every day, especially on this forum ;)

Hmm Hmm :D
UK and Germany have been leading the pack with that, that's why most Amiga's in the Netherlands are UK/German models sometimes modified with US keyboard layouts.

Although you would suspect with nearly 200 million people it would be higher than UK and Germany combined, but computers were quite expensive in those days and in those times it was going well in the UK and Germany with the economy than today.

Doesn't take away that the US is a great place to live and work at.
And I would give it up all here in the Netherlands in less than a second, just even without ever thinking of it, to go and live and work their.

Top Bottom