A500+ with 68010, MTec 68020, Rochard 800c and Marpet Memory expansion.

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
I want to take this beast:

attachment.php

Fit one of these to it:

attachment.php

Then this into the trapdoor:

attachment.php

Then slap this onto the side with 8mb's of memory:

attachment.php

Will I hit any snags or brick walls? Bear in mind my only experience of the A500 has always been basic level, bone stock stuff.

Last edited:

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
not sure bud,dont know if you might reach a memory conflict with both plugged in at the same time..youll have to check.

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
The only way to know for sure is to plug it all in and see what happens I guess. This is all going on that A500+ you fixed for me a while back so hopefully it will work out :)

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
wow,i nearly forgot about that,lol

i have a sneaking feeling though you might run into memory conflict problems if they both put there memory into 24 bit space,i assume they both have 8mb max?
lets see what happens,it wont hurt it or anything,worst case it dont boot.
i suppose if it dont work you could remove the memory form the harddrive controller as its slower?

Last edited:

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
Im trying to gen up before I go anywhere near plugging stuff in. The Mtec card goes up to 4mb using a 72pin simm. The Rochard goes up to 8mb using 30pin simms and I do have a bad feeling they will clash :(

So

I either pull the Rochard memory or I pull the 4mb from the Mtec. Will probably pull the rochard memory as you suggested as it is slower.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
if it only has 4mb then i suppose you could try remove 4mb from the harddrive controller making it 8mb total in system?

i wouldnt remove anything from the accelerator though itll be a slow as hell,then again you know that.

Last edited:

BlindGerMan

Dancing with bridgeboards
AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Bavaria
4 mb on the mtec and 4 Mb external so you have 8 Mb in the z2 area. With the trapdoor ram expansion you can fill the chip ram to 2 Mb, then you have reached the maximum!

hooverphonique

Country
Denmark
Region
Fyn
is the memory on the mtec also available when running in 68000 mode? try running e.g. sysinfo and take a photo/screenshot so we can see in which address range the mtec memory sits... the card has a 'full' 68020, so the memory could potentially get mapped outside 24bit address space.

Top Bottom