adverts

mjnurney

we live as we dream. Alone.
Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
Ive used the Internet since about 1995 or 96 and I've seen the transition from little .gif adverts to the full page , full screen video adverts and pop ups we have now and I'm sick of it!!!

I don't want Mackeeper , registry cleaner ,macafee antivirus nor do i need googles copy of siri or some cheap crap laptop taking up my screen. I don't need a Russian bride or to find a date on big boobs.net

The very fact it forced on my screen tells me - i don't want it! , need it or require it in anyway.

and then TV is no better...

68% of 89 people surveyed agreed

---blood is boiling about now..

Don't start on YouTube... now that has been ruined completely.

mike.

-Acid-

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
South Shields
Really?! I can't believe people still use the web without AdBlock and Noscript installed. Youtube is completely ad free i've never seen an advert on it (same with Facebook). Get them installed and take control of your browser (well Firefox any way).

Last edited:

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
I don't think my Samsung tv has adblock or no script :)

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
I don't think my Samsung tv has adblock or no script :)

No but using a recorder and then skipping the adverts can save you having to look at them :D

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
With something like Britains Got Talent (Bev's favourite program) you can reduce the cack on screen by half if you skip the adverts and the recaps (y)

mjnurney

Country
england
Region
Milton Keynes
Britain's got what ? I'm unfamiliar with that one

Amiga Forever

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire
I don't want Mackeeper , registry cleaner ,macafee antivirus nor do i need googles copy of siri or some cheap crap laptop taking up my screen. I don't need a Russian bride or to find a date on big boobs.net

:LOL:

Better to have AdBlock installed as you wont have to put up with the Crap(Advert!)(y)

Last edited:

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
I tend to agree!

I used to be an avid fan of Stargate and got really annoyed that the episodes were chopped to provide time for the ads. So even if you do record programs there's no guarantee you're getting all of the program.

The Sky provider is the worst for ads, every 7 or 8 minutes you get a 10 minute ad break which sometimes breaks the legal permissible amount. Yep there's even legislation for the amount of ads the companies can show. Sky used to put ad breaks in the closing credits of some programs, so you'd see the credits start to role, then an ad session would run, you'd then see the rest of the credits. Madness!

I agree Adblock is good, but it has stopped working on YT recently for me. YT used to be ok before Google their hands on it.

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
I used to use chrome with adblock plus and YouTube ads started to creep back in so I tried Adblock pro and haven't seen an ad on YouTube since.

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
I use AdBlock Plus for Firefox. Never seen an ad on YouTube since and still don't see them.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Davideo

Britain's Got Cack? Sounds about right... :LOL:

RED IMPACT

Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
With something like Britains Got Talent (Bev's favourite program) you can reduce the cack on screen by half if you skip the adverts and the recaps (y)

You can reduce it by 100% if you don't switch the TV on!

Last edited:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Some channels still do that really annoying thing where they shrink the end credits to half the screen sot they can advertise something else coming up. Really annoys me when I've seen an actor in the program and want to find out their name. Or as with one the other night the program was still finishing whilst the credits started rolling, but they still shrunk it and spoke over the top. That really bugged me.

Best solution is to never watch anything live or recorded, and just use Sky Catch up. That way you download the whole program and just get a very short single advert at most between each section.

Top Bottom