salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
I have accidentally installed the 68k version of AHI on a PPC machine, instead of using the PPC version. It appears there's no uninstall option, and trying the installer again simply wants to repeat the installation. Any ideas how to get a good clean of this under OS 4.0? Thanks!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Simply install the PPC version: it will overwrite the 68k archives.

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
That's not the case, because v6 of ppc AHI does not contain an installer!
Taken from ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/arp2/ahi/system/ppc-amigaos-ahiusr-6.0.readme
"AHI version 4 used to have a nice installer script. If you would like
to contribute one for AHI version 6, I'm sure lots of people would be
very grateful!

Manual installation is easy. Here is a list of files in the archive
and where they are supposed to be copied... "

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Then just copy the PPC files over the 68k ones.

I never installed AHI6 because it is too much heavy for my Amigas. And I will not care for just Paula.

Only 3 weeks ago I received my first Amiga audio card (a Sound Blaster for my Mediator). But I think I'll stick with AHI4.

AmigaNut08

AmiBayer
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
Then just copy the PPC files over the 68k ones.

I never installed AHI6 because it is too much heavy for my Amigas. And I will not care for just Paula.

Only 3 weeks ago I received my first Amiga audio card (a Sound Blaster for my Mediator). But I think I'll stick with AHI4.

Hi,
Sorry to hijack the thread but rkauer, could you please explain why AHI 6 is too heavy. Does it use more cpu power or memory than the earlier version 4?? I ask a i am thinking of upgrading to a later version on my A4000 with Toccata card. I currently have version 4. Also what would the benefits of upgrading to a later version be??

Cheers

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
The #5 version was buggy and way too heavy to work on classics.

I think the mk6 version is heavier than 5.

But backup your system partition and give it a try. If you don't get happy with it, restore the backup.

That's the beauty of Workbench: no registers/history of upgrades. Simply copy over and all is done.

Top Bottom