Status
Not open for further replies.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
I've given up reading the posts today concerning Zetr0's dismissal, so I'd like everyone to take time reading this post with the same amount of care & consideration I took to compose it whilst sat here. There was no draft event, this is live & off the cuff. I will not enter any slanging matches in any vernacular. I am writing the truth below & nothing else.

Amibay was set up to cater for the Amiga Community in as democratic way as possible. In order to do this, five Admins were put in place to democratically appease a majority vote & avoid any stalemate decision. It appears those values are still in place, despite my dismissal.

Zetr0 made a singular decision to drop me from MegaMod status. None of the other Admin members were involved. I logged into the Staff Admin section (not seen by Moderators) to read the new post & was horrfied at what I read. I quietly tided my desk within a half hour & then actually removed myself from Staff access, basically dismissing myself. By removing myself from Staff privileges meant that no one person had to feel bad about pressing the button. It then took Zetr0 some 6+ weeks to post a thread regarding my dismissal, which doesn't really tell the truth.

Now regarding a lot of stong views about this fracas being made public, I can only agree with the decision based on Harrisons factual post today. The ramifications of Harrisons post must have cut very deep when posting those comments for consideration by the members. It is also very unlikely that he would lie in face of a Public Forum when democratically backed by another 3 members of the Admin Team. Zetr0's conduct is absolutely deplorable & exacerbated by the fact he now enters a slagging & trolling fest in a public forum to boot. (n)

Zetr0 has verbally abused four of the Admin team & tried to railroad his own views RE: a much needed AmiBay Policy upgrade.

There has been no apology from Zetr0 RE the comments made to the Admin Staff.

Zetr0 is now stomping all over the forum as a VIP with a real bad attitude including further trolling & toys out of the pram.

Keeping these issues behind closed doors would be no different to the manner in which I was wrongly dismissed.

Zetr0 phoned me some two weeks ago slagging off the other Admin staff. I had to ask him to abstain from such comments when phoning me on future occasions & did mention to him about the manner in which I was dismissed from the AmiBay Staff. No recourse there & no admission that he had been democratically out-voted.

I also now see Andy Landy thinking he perhaps voted in haste. I hope he wasn't trying to fish his vote from the parlimentary ballot box today & this was the turning point for me prompting this post.

Zetr0, get over it.

Kin

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Thanks, Kinnie.

I can confirm that at the time this happened as Kinnie describes it. I had been asked to go on a 'sabbatical' by Zetr0, as he felt that I needed a break. I came back after a few days to find Kinnie had gone.

I will not lie to you all; I have made some executive decisions in the past that I later regretted and if Zetr0 was to be honest about it, so has he.

I also note that TheCorfiot has resigned tonight; this saddens me a lot and I never intended that to be a result of today's events. I am truly sorry that you feel that way Bas and I hope that in time you can forgive me for putting you through it.

:(

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK
Well I dont know what to say ... I guess at school everyone would shout "Bundles"

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Well I dont know what to say ... I guess at school everyone would shout "Bundles"

... Is this some sort of trolling post....???

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
@ Juv

Bundle - a mass fight, usually all against all and most commonly found on the school playground

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK
Thanks blank. Some Schools shout "Pile On"

It wasnt a trolling post. It is just sheer exasperation that there is still a need to continue down "I said he said route" has nothing been learnt?

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
@KIN I did not understand your dismissal, exept some aspects of you're character is a little strong, (also me not long enough on here) but I did not understand why that was a valid reason at all, to me the official explanation was like remove all the blonds from Belgium, but I thought that was a culture difference:D = meaning remove 10% of people..

:roll: I was waiting for you're story today, wondering where it was.. So here it is:) I can't take sides, don't know about inside stuff, sorry..

I just hope you all work it out.. It's not fun like this at all, reading all the people who mean(t) a lot to each other and to others getting a little disagree..

Diversity in a very small community is not a good thing:readit: Keep everybody in house I would say.. Any way or the other :blink: This means having all kinds of people..

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Thanks blank. Some Schools shout "Pile On"

It wasnt a trolling post. It is just sheer exasperation that there is still a need to continue down "I said he said route" has nothing been learnt?

This isn't an "I said, he said" route....

@ thread

The truth always hurts doesn't it. :|

@ jvdbossc

Being here from almost day one of Amibay, I'm not going to let this go without everyone knowing what happened to me via Zetr0. I wouldn't be posting this today had Zetr0 not thrown his toys out of the pram in such a venomous manner.

Kin

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
Obvoiusly a wasted comment & quite clear you don't like to hear the truth. No further comments please.

Kin

Jon Hare

Country
Hamburg
Region
Germany
Well...I watched and read the tons of threads which were created since this morning and the only thing what I want to say is (if it's allowed for a newbie)...

...please be careful in continuing posting and open new threads relating to the things which happened in the staff. I'm admin of a forum with thousands of members myself and I know that a site like this can unfortunately be much faster down as everyone can imagine due to this circumstances.

It's just a matter of time when REAL bad things happen...in the worst case this great project dies. And that would be a real pity, IMO a desaster for all people who love the Amiga...

This site always impressed me with the kindness and fairness the members treated each other...and I really hope that everyone calms down quickly. But obviously that will only happen if the protagonists find a solution based on fairness and honour...

chiark

AmiNerd
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
I wholeheartedly concur with John.

Please, despite how you feel, avoid this sort of exposé. All it will do is create factions, and not actually help.

Keep private discussions private. I don't care "who started it", but I do care that I like this site and it seems to be rapidly, in a single day, trying to self destruct.

Can we have a moratorium on this sort of thing for 24 hours, perhaps, to let people calm down?

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@kinnie

I am deeply hurt and shocked at your post.

I have no words to for this complete fabrication and twist of point, I never demonized any of the other staff only tried to share truth.

At the time I called you I was deeply in need of some friendship, I had been attacked from all sides, alas it now seems that you have been waiting for your time pay me back for demoting you.

I had no choice at the time to ask you stand down, I have explained that, and I had to also explain how sorry I was for it.

I have no idea where you think "no others" were involved charlie... thats a complete mistake. as there were many staff and members appauled at your behavour.

what you dont know or care to regocnize is that the four other senior staff abused their power and position on a fellow senior founder member.

To be fair if this coup d'etat brings you happyness the I seriously think you have lost the point.

your post is mad!

Zetr0 is now stomping all over the forum as a VIP with a real bad attitude including further trolling & toys out of the pram.

I haven't, infact I have done my very best to remian calm. even now with this incredibly twisted view of previous events from you!

Keeping these issues behind closed doors would be no different to the manner in which I was wrongly dismissed.

you wasn't WRONGLY dismissed, you trolled and then banned, instead of taking the proper response of an apollogy and retraction, you decided you abuse your power and I was not the only one whom saw it.. many others did.

Zetr0 phoned me some two weeks ago slagging off the other Admin staff. I had to ask him to abstain from such comments when phoning me on future occasions & did mention to him about the manner in which I was dismissed from the AmiBay Staff. No recourse there & no admission that he had been democratically out-voted.

!? wtf charlie? is this actually you posting?

I asked you to stand down, you even stated yourself you were expecting it, we have spoken at length about this.

truly... I find the truth to your feelings today..

if you were aiming to hurt a friend below the belt, then sincerely you have succeeded.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall
@ Zetr0

I have not waited for this moment in any instance to get back at you for dismissing me, but your actions on a personal level to the other members of staff are something that I can not tolerate in any instance. After trying to keep up with the posts on AmiBay today, I finally gave up reading AndyLandy's post & posted the truth appertaining to my dismissal.

You made a singular decision to dismiss me without consulting other members of staff in the Admin section first. At least you were dealt with in a very democratic way. I did tell you this on the phone when you called me to slag Merlin off & you wouldn't listen to my reasoning either. I felt quite sick listening to you during that afternoon phone call & thinking about it over a few days thereafter, dropped a few other pennies for me too.

I was always up front in the Staff section with regard to AmiBay's developing policies & virtually drowned whilst trying to run the site almost single handedly with Merlin sanctioning every decision that was made. At the time, Dazzaboy, Sarek2k & yourself were absent from site duties, trying to deal with personal problems in your lives, whilst Merlin & I held the fort for a solid 6 months. My reward for that was to be dismissed by yourself for what you describe as Troll event which is so far from the truth, you might as well be sat on the Moon shouting it.

I was half expecting to be asked to stand down, because of the negative attitude you always had to my democratic point of view in the Staff section. I'm sorry to have been a thorn in your side in there & at the same time, glad I gave you a run for your money.

With regard to aiming below the belt & hurting your feelings, now you truly know how I felt when you dealt with me.

Pleased to hear TC is back with a break. I'm sure you'll all work it out one way or the other.

Meantime, this is my last post on the Amibay forums. I still have a few items to sell but will not be posting on the forums again.

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom