Amiga 1000 plus replica

telonio

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
Ok this might sound really strange, but I am about to make a A1000 plus front cover replica from abs or plexiglass. I have design the front cover with Illustrator, but I can't tell what is the height of the prototype 1000 plus for sure. I guess it shouldn't be the same height like the 1000. The width could be different than 1000?

I doubt if anyone has this prototype. So can you possibly think what would be the measurements for this lovely prototype?

2wdvz2a.jpg

Last edited:

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
If i were you, my only concern would be the height. Other than that, it resembles the A3400 machine. In which case, fascia width should be exactly like the A4000..

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ Telonio

The only base reference that you have for the size of that cover is the slot for a floppy disk. If you assume that it's the same width as the floppy disk slot in any other Amiga, then you should be able to scale the rest up of the dimensions from that.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
@ Telonio

The only base reference that you have for the size of that cover is the slot for a floppy disk. If you assume that it's the same width as the floppy disk slot in any other Amiga, then you should be able to scale the rest up of the dimensions from that.

wut he said ^^^^^

the width of the floppy slot will be the size you need to work out everything else :)

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
Fellas, i see no reason to make life harder than it already is. Yes, of course, the floppy slot is deffinitely a reference base, but if you take a look here, i believe that you'll agree that half the fascia is already the same...

A1KA3400_zpsd8c450ed.jpg
Ok, pics are not in identical scale, but you get my point.

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
im pretty sure there are a few a1000 owners here capable of supplying you with any measurement on the case you need.height width depth etc and any other measurement...

thats what i would do anyway.:)

Last edited:

telonio

Country
Greece
Region
Athens
OMG, that looks amazing - do you have any info on it?

No I don't know much about it. Only that it had the 68020 cpu and that the price should be lower than the 1000 model. It was one of the Commodore's prototypes.

Lovely slim design though.

Top Bottom