Wanted Amiga 1000 side expansion cover and RF shield

graysters

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Cambridge
As per title. Based in the UK. Appreciate I can go down the 3D printed route for the side expansion cover (though not the RF shield!), but would love to see if I can get the real-deal first!

Would also be interested in a set of screws for the A1000, or at least a pointer to the screw sizes used! (in particular the 5 self tapping screws used in the base of the machine). My recently acquired PAL A1000 came with a right assortment of odd screws holding the thing together!

Cheers,

Graysters

m0c

Cracked by Megabyte
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
Genuine A1000 screw sets occasionally show up on eBay. Finding replacement screws that are a perfect match in terms of thread, pitch, colour, head size etc. is virtually impossible. By using a 100% authentic A1000 as a reference, I got myself the following decent alternatives from AliExpress:

Rear D-sub connectors and the 2 screws holding the PSU: M2.9 x 12mm (10 pcs)
All other screws holding the mainboard, floppy drive shroud and top cover: M2.9 x 9.5mm (13 pcs)
Flathead screws, holding the front panel: M2.9 x 10mm (2 pcs)
Brass standoffs, securing the 4 metal tabs onto the joyport connectors: M3x10, full thread (4 pcs)

As for the RF shield, if you are referring to the brackets around the edge connectors:
The side expansion port brackets are the same as in the A500 and therefore quite common. The ones at the front however are shorter and pretty much unobtainable separately.

Good luck with finding an original side port cover. They are rare as rocking horse droppings.

graysters

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Cambridge
That's really helpful. Thank you for your insights on the screws m0c!

By RF shield, I was referring the the metal cover both top and bottom pieces that cover the motherboard. I appreciate these, plus the side port cover are a long shot... but I live in hope!

m0c

Cracked by Megabyte
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Utrecht
Many people consider the A1000's RF shielding to be useless. Personally I prefer leaving at least the bottom shield installed, merely for mechanical reasons. The plastic standoffs in the bottom case slightly differ in length, particularly the ones supporting the rear D-sub connectors. The standoffs are levelled out by the corresponding tabs of the bottom RF shield.

Top Bottom