Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G
Hi all,

I'm going to buy an Amiga 1200 from another forum member but I need an accellerator for it so that I can run WB3.9. Don't think it needs to be top of the range or anything but if anyone is willing to part with one let me know.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

gavilan

Amiga user & abuser since 1988
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
Re: Amiga 1200 Accellerator needed for my new Amiga 1200

Hi there
If you see other thread, i have an Apollo 040 and a MTec 030 for sale... You can check pics & info there

Are you interested?

Let me know please

Kind Regards

Sebastian

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G

Thanks Gavilan, I found the post you were referring to. How much are you looking for for either the Apollo or the MTEC? Do they both neatly fit into the trap door of the A1200 without having to leave the cover off etc?

Cheers

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires

My friend: the APollo is ideal for Tower conversions, since it has the second simm module on the back as well as a huge cooler/fan.
That is not a big deal, since you can always replace the cooler/fan for a smaller one, and take away the second simm module form the card.
That way yes, it will be usable un a plain A1200

The Mtec is just ready to go to any A1200

About the prices..well..i put a price on the other thread which was considered to be high and i dont mean to rip off anybody here or take advantage of any situation

As one rule here is "first come, first served", and since i already send my apologies for both Laudrup and Dkaram, but received no answer, guess you are first in line....

im Pm you...please read it and let me know

Cheers
Sebastian

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@all

Not wishing to poke my nose in here but from a technical point of view and knowing the model Apollo 1240 very well, I feel I ought to point out that....

The Second SIMM module MUST be removed for the card to be fitted into a desktop A1200 otherwise the keyboard can not be refitted to it's rightfull place. The Cooler fan assembly will also need to be replaced or modified, again for the keyboard to be refitted correctly...

Removal of the SIMM module is a job for expert PCB technicians only with the correct equipment as it must be carefully desoldered with care not to damage the Apollo. The max RAM that can be fitted to the remaining single SIMM socket is 32MB.

The card in it's current build is absolutely perfect for an A1200 Tower and is indeed a superb example.

My reasoning behind this post is not to cause offence OR upset anyone but just to ensure that no disatisfaction occours in the future due to the purchase or any trade that takes place within this thread..

Thanks for your time

TC 8)

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires

@TheCorfiot: wow!! thanks a lot my friend for your clear explanation!! Better impossible (y)

I was telling him that yes, technically it would be possible to "downgrade" the Apollo card, taking out the extra simm module and replacing the cooler for a smaller one, but it would be a pity, since card is already ready to be in a Tower!!!

Anyway, i really apreciatte your observation, since it put a lot of light in here!!!

Thanks again!!!
:thumbsup2:

Sebastian

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G

Thanks for the feedback TC, it's appreciated and also obviously thanks for sending me the prices Sebastian. The Apollo (£x) is probably not best for me given that it's really intended for a tower machine but can you tell me if the MTec is the Viper 1230/28 RTC one please and if it has the FPU fitted? Your offer of £x seems ok on the face of it but I need to weigh up whether it's the right card for me as I was hoping for something that could maybe take 16Mb / 32Mb and I think the MTec (if I'm looking at the right one on the big book of Amiga Hardware) only takes 8mb maximum. I was also hoping for something a little faster for that price too but will need to think on it some more.

Oh, I intentionally showed the prices offered to comply with the rules (not to enter into a barter). Cheers all

Sipstrassi

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@sipstrassi

I've edited your post to remove the prices...
In order to minimise price driving, when Wanted requests are made then the financial details are kept private between the 2 parties making the deal via PM's.
When offering goods for sale then a guide price must be stated in the thread.

Hope that clarifies things for you.. :wink:

TC :thanks:

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires

Some expert on this field, please correcdt me if im wrong but i think Mtec and Viper are exactly the same card

Have a look here my friend:
http://hardware.amiga.hu/exp/search.pl? ... mtec#t1230

Well, if you check the pics i upload on the other thread...no FPU im afraid.. :( and according to that page...it has a maximum of 8 mb?

Well i cant tell you tyhat for sure, since i have no A1200 at this moment in my house (have to sell all of them to afford some debts)

But, if you agree, maybe we can discuss price a little bit ?
(y)
Let me know please!

Cheers
Sebastian

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G

Gotcha TC - thanks and I understand now - makes sense when I think about it :)

Sebastian - I'm thinking over your offer just now and will drop you a PM tomorrow if that's ok.

Cheers

John

gavilan

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires

John: sure my friend!
Take your time!

And just in case, FPU units are quite cheap to get...if you search in the proper place...
(y)

Cheers!

Sebastian

Lloyd

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Oxford, UK
hello,

I'm not trying to get in the way, if it does not work out. i have a blizzard iv 1230 64mb ram 50mhz, no fpu up for sale in another thread.

good luck finding the right card.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
@skilgannon and gavilan, what is the status on this thread?

Looking at gavilians mentioned threads, looks like those products were sold to other ppl.

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G
Mods - doing a bit of a tidy - please close this when you get a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.