Amiga 1200 and Icedrake

george7272

Country
USA
Region
NC
I was checking the Icedrake and I was wondering if there is a dual hdmi solution
For example for me if I want to buy a card like that I think twice for the 2 hdmi solution (I do have the mk3)
I don't want to have more boxes and hdmi switches and keep pressing button in order to switch over
from the AGA/hdmi to Icedrake hdmi
Is there a solution where there will be an automated switch internally so one hdmi output?
Or maybe a cable from the mk3 to icedrake so icedrake to decide what to do

On a similar topic, how does the handover between icedrake and amiga? (if there is any handover)

miggygossip

Country
Australia
Region
Tasmania
I have one and unlike the Vampire V2 which is 2 separate outputs; the Icedrake has a single HDMI output for Amiga classic RGB and RTG SAGA <32 bit graphics. The Amiga RGB port can also be used if appropriate.

I'm not sure what you mean by "handover" but with an Icedrake installed the PCMCIA port is rendered non-functional and the external fdd port may also be u/s. The system bus is overridden and the internal IDE port non-functional with an Apollo OS CF or other hdd connected. There is a jumper on the card to boot from the AGA roms and IDE on the mobo but otherwise the Icedrake is self-contained and doesn't engage the standard rom.

Last edited:

george7272

Country
USA
Region
NC
Basically the Icedrake uses the amiga only for the keyboard and some of the external connectors.
None of the original Amiga chips are used.
Would you see the Icebrake like the Standalone in a different form factor that gets power from amiga?

miggygossip

Country
Australia
Region
Tasmania
The Icedrake does use some mobo functions, fdd etc.

The Standalone and Icedrake are both Apollo V4 devices, but I see them as entirely different concepts. The Standalone is not in any way attempting to integrate yesterdays' Amiga architecture. The Icedrake is more targeted at current Amiga owners bringing their A1200 up to todays spec for use with the current gen media.

Top Bottom