amigaman2000

Amiga Forever
AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Pontevedra
Hi all

I have recently bought a Micronik busboard, revision 5.43, to install on my Infinity Micronik Tower. This busboard include 5 Zorro II slots, 2 PCI slots, 2 ISA slots and two SIMM slots. I have installed the two SIMM with a 16MB each and the computer start normally but the memory isn´t recognized by the Amiga. So, Somebody know wath I must to do to use this SIMMs modules?

Regards

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Simply try some other SIMM modules, Amiga's are notoriously picky with it's SIMM's even if on paper they are identical.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Install an A4000 accelerator on the busboard?

Or this is the one without an accelerator socket?

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
You'll have to have an accelerator of some variety plugged in, otherwise you won't be able to address the 32-bit RAM.

amigaman2000

Amiga Forever
AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Pontevedra
Hi, the exact busboard model can be seen here:

http://www.amiga-resistance.info/bboahfaq/index.php?sid=89097〈=de&action=artikel&cat=77&id=3562&artlang=de

This not include the A4000 type expansion slot

@andylandy

Ok, I will try with my Blizzard 1230 connected. I can´t found much information about this expansion slot, I only found one page, linked above, and there don´t tell nothing about the SIMM expansion.

@tokyoracer

I will try different SIMMs and differents sizes.

Thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Ok, I´m here again

With my Blizzard 1230 installed only the memory in the Blizzard card is recognised.

I have try another SIMMs modules, 4 and 8 MB, and didn´t work, so I suspect that, like the PCI slots, the SIMMS aren´t really connected to the Amiga.

Thanks for the help

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@amigaman2000

On the Micronik Z2-i 5.3x the SIMM sockets can only take 4MB each (a maximum of 8MB over two sticks)

for the most part - 16MB sticks would be unrcognizable in these ports, its also possible that these ports only accept either double-sided or single sided SIMMS.

An important note is that - with the 8MB installed, you WONT have access to following as it uses ALL the 24bit addressable space.

PCMCIA SLOT
Graphics Cards (with on baord memory)
SCSI/IDE Adapters with onboard memory (although some might allow DMA to the 8MB installed)

amigaman2000

Amiga Forever
AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Pontevedra
@merlin

Thanks for the info, I will try with anothers 4MB SIMMs.

Regards

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Also I think you need an "AddMem" program to search for the RAM in the Zorro-2 space if the logic on the board don't provide it.

amigaman2000

Amiga Forever
AmiBayer
Country
Spain
Region
Pontevedra
I have finally arrange the problem with the SIMMs, I install only one 4MB SIMM on one SIMM slot and move a jumper on the zorro board, the Amiga start as usual and with 4 MB Fast RAM available :).

Many thanks for the support

Top Bottom