gavilan

Amiga user & abuser since 1988
AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
http://www.amiga25th.co.uk/

Since this is taken place in UK...and here we have so so many members...all the ones who are planning to be there, i beg, take pics, film anything you can, interview, more pics, etc etc!!!
Please!!!!! :D

cosmicfrog

The 1 That Ribbits
Country
UK
Region
Potteries
indeed I hope they do take pics or better have a live video stream

on another note is anyone coming trough staffordshire that could give me a lift there and back plz

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
I know that r0jaws and I will be there, got some stuff to exhibit too =)

gavilan

AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
I know that r0jaws and I will be there, got some stuff to exhibit too =)

Please please please, take asa many pics as you can, record as much as you can, do some interviews, etc, then share with all us poor bastards who dont happen to live in UK :D

dibs

Danger!! Mines!!
AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Guildford
I've used the "...but it is Father's day* and we are still looking for my Birthday present... plus you've never been to Bletchley Park" excuse to take the whole family there. Bagsy any Picasso IV's + a flicker fixer please! :)

How will I recognise the Amibay Crowd? Hopefully you'll put your avatars up on your stands or something (you won't miss mine).

Looking forward to the day (and yes, I'll take plenty of photos)

Regards,

- dibs -
*at least it is here in the UK

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
How will I recognise the Amibay Crowd? Hopefully you'll put your avatars up on your stands or something (you won't miss mine).

They'll be the one's dressed as smurfs heckling the Atari ST users and hogging the X1000 thats going to be on display there. In other words, you won't be able to miss them :D

Me? I'll probably be either propping up the bar in The Enigma pub or I'll be in the arcade kicking 7 shades of a certain substance out of the games within and then afterwards, propping up the bar at The Enigma pub lol

McVenco

Grumpy Old Man
AmiBayer
Country
The Netherlands
Region
Limburg
Oooh, a party! Shame I can't visit, I'm going to an island a bit more to the left this weekend :D

<spam>
If you haven't got any plans on july 24th: we at Amigascene.nl are throwing our own little 25th Amiga Anniversary Party. Lots of food and beer, demos and games on a big screen, and maybe there even will be some demo-making going on! When interested - PM!
</spam>

User1301

Deactivated
Deactivated
Country
S
Region
G
I was going to go but my daughters birthday party had to be brought forward a week. I'm staying home now to be there for that (there are only so many birthday parties she will even want her parents to be at so I'm not missing one - she's only 9).

Anyhoo - it sounds like it would be great and would have been nice to have met up with some of my Amibay friends :)

Hope you and r0jaws have a great day Keith!

J

Elron Nightshade

AmiBayer
Country
Slough, UK
Region
Buckinghamshire

They'll be the one's dressed as smurfs heckling the Atari ST users and hogging the X1000 thats going to be on display there. In other words, you won't be able to miss them :D

Me? I'll probably be either propping up the bar in The Enigma pub or I'll be in the arcade kicking 7 shades of a certain substance out of the games within and then afterwards, propping up the bar at The Enigma pub lol

hehe atari st

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi,

I will be there on the Sunday :D

Sadly can't make both days, but I will be showcasing my A600 (with the Apollo 630 & Mika's CF-IDE Andle adapter + CWB ADV on Zetr0's table.

Thanks mate :bounceBoingBall:

Look forward to meeting some of you guys...

Steve.

gavilan

AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
I will be showcasing my A600 (with the Apollo 630 & Mika's CF-IDE Andle adapter + CWB ADV on Zetr0's table.

@Steve: what is "Mika´s CF-IDE Angle adapter"? Any url/pics please? Thanks!

Sebastian

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
My Father-in-laws 80's birthday is this weekend, so no way I could make it. Look forward to some pictures.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I will be showcasing my A600 (with the Apollo 630 & Mika's CF-IDE Andle adapter + CWB ADV on Zetr0's table.

@Steve: what is "Mika´s CF-IDE Angle adapter"? Any url/pics please? Thanks!

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, here it is: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=1558&highlight=compact+flash

IMG_7940.jpg

gavilan

AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
@steve: :drool: . I see you also have an accelerator card....so you have a super powered A600, right??

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Ok, at the moment Keith and I are chilling in the hotel Bar after a frankly exhausting week.
We went all out to get the 4000, 1200PPC project, 500+ and 600 up and ready for showing.
We got virtually everything except the PPC ready, and with usual last minute dot com hardware failures had some frantic hackery to sort out.

Unfortunately Keith's Busboard for his 4000 decided to kick the bucket literally 2 days before the show, I lost 2 SCSI to IDE adapters and bottled the frankly risky mounting of the water cooling to the PPC.
However we arrived safe and sound first thing this morning and set up. Initial power on's and by a miracle everything is still working including my PPC!!!
I cannot impress upon you how friendly and helpful everyone has been, and our little corner of the world has generated a lot of interest.
We are the only table with any expanded Amiga's and we have spent the vast majority of the day talking people through the various bits and projects.

The event itself though is awesome! We have been able to tear ourselves away every now and then to go around various exhibitors and have really enjoyed meeting old and new friends.
Tomorrow promises more of the same, with some interesting presentations throughout the day including a planned visit to Colossus with "extras". :D
Keith is sorting out the photos and vids as we speak, expect them soon.

Top Bottom