Not open for further replies.

Aysel

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
England
Region
Mansfield
I have been hanging onto this third A3000 for spares for my two regular use A3k's but they never seem to go wrong! I'm going to hang on to a few bits but cant see that I will need the motherboard or case, so they are going up for sale.

Nice clean A3000 desktop motherboard with 8MB fast ram in zips and 2MB chip ram. All tested and working fine this afternoon, tried joystick, mouse, serial, keyboard and 23pin RGB port, all fine. Roms upgraded to Kickstart 3.1.

There is some battery leak damage which is confined to a small area and looks to have been cleaned up before spreading.

The only fault I can see is the de-interlace circuitry seems to have issues, when outputting to the 15pin VGA and switching the de-interlace circuit on with the flick switch the screen has a strange green distortion to it when interlaced.

The RGB output through the 23pin is absolutely perfect, no issues at all, so may be you want to fix the fault... or if you have an RTG with flicker fixer, a dedicated flicker fixer or an Indivision ECS its not a problem anyway as it would just override the on board circuit.

Looking for £165 including UK postage by parcel force fully insured.

£155 inc postage UK ONLY

UK ONLY PLEASE

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:

Justin

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
nice board, but to me (only my opinion here) that battery damage looks like it is still eating the board, the blue stuff would indicate that the reaction is still ongoing, i would look at neutralising that ASAP :)

cheers, Justin

Aysel

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Country
England
Region
Mansfield
Cheers Justin... just had another look, the stuff that looks blue in the picture is actually green in reality, its the remnants of the PCB, I think its the camera white balance or something. Its looked exactly as it does now for the six years I have had it so I think its neutralised as its never got any worse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom