Amiga 4000 PSU Replacement

showster

Country
Italy
Region
Rome
Hello everyone,
I'm searching for a good Micro ATX Replacement PSU for my A4K.

Actually I tried with a Vultech 500w that outputs the following:

+3.3V - 21A
+12V1 - 15A
+12V2 - 14A
+5V - 20A
-12V - 0.5A
+5vsb - 2.5A

With this one I had no luck. The Amiga power ups then a white screen with artifacts.

Instead with a creepy FSP350 she works like charm with the following outputs:

-3.3V - 22A
+12V1 - 10A
+12V2 - 15A
+5V - 21A
-12V - 0.8A
+5vsb - 2.0A

That makes no sense to me since I'm not an electrical guy.. so please, can someone suggest me a working Micro ATX Psu? I already got the conversion kit from amigakit.

Thanks

showster

Country
Italy
Region
Rome
Hi Ed, that PSU works with your Miggy? I can't understand why the Vultech fails on mine. She's fully recapped.
The one you sent me got more or less the same specs as the failing Vultech, but anyway I'll give it a try.

Thanks, man

Last edited:

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Hi,

Yes, it works on my A4000 with a connector I bought from Bebek here on Amibay and I also have one in an A1200 tower, powering a mediator setup. could it be that your Vultech PSU has some kind of fault perhaps?

Ed.

showster

Country
Italy
Region
Rome
Very odd.. it power ups a standard PC but on my Miggy the screen turn white with artifacts.. no clue, actually.

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Hi Xanxi,

The PSU is fitted directly in place of the old one, no mods necessary. I hope to get around to making a proper plate to fit between the PSU and case so the large gap is filled and maybe add a couple of extra connector holes in there for VGA/CF-Card or something.

For the power I am not using the front panel switch on the A4000. I just have the green wire bridged to a black wire on the ATX connector and I use the on-off switch on the PSU.

Regards,
Ed.

BeQuiet_A4000.jpg

Top Bottom