Wanted Amiga 4000

eldeesan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Mexico
Region
GTO
I'm looking for a working stock Amiga 4000. (no monitor)

Located in Mexico.

Edit:
The board works fine, I think, I have found all the damage. Will thoroughly re-test everything and document, if still interested.

If you buy this machine, I can provide:

- Battery holder
- Clock chip
- IDE Drive (SSD)
- CPU-Board

Concerning CPU-Board: You can choose between 68030 - 68040 or 68LC060. Price will vary depending on the CPU, of course.
If you choose 68060, you will have to replace the 3.1 ROMs, though (I can provide modified ROMs for a small fee, will provide the original 3.1 too, for the licence).

Floppy is HD-Floppy, but gives R/W-errors even after cleaning. Can replace with DD drive or Gotek

The white-ish 5,25-inch-bay cover ist 3d printed. Can replace by CD-Rom, if desired. I do not have the original bay cover, unfortunately.
Lover floppy bay cover missing. Can 3d-print replacement, but that will have the same white color, as 5,25 inch bay cover...

Let me know, if still interested, or if you prefer Picard's offer.

Cheers and have a nice day (I go to sleep now ;-))
Wow thanks for the detailed information, Looks like you really raised this girl back from the dead. Can you pm me your price for the base system?

Last edited:

dava1973

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Region
ZH
I might have one, there are two issues, however:

1: The mainboard had serious corrosion damage, when I got it (death by Varta & bad caps) I have neutralized all the alkali, repaired the damage and cleaned the board. It is fully working now, but there are quite a lot of budgewires... I can send you some pics of the repairs, if interested and we can agree on a reasonable price, i'm sure, but wanted you to know, how it is ..

2: I'm located in Switzerland and postage fees to Mexico are huge, 160 US$ at least for shipment with delivery in 20 to 30 days. Somewhat faster will cost ca. 250 US$

PM me, if interested all the same

EDIT: Dunno, if proof of ownership rules apply for "wanted" forums - but to be on the safe side, i provide it here:

P_20231024_225410.jpg
P_20231024_225344.jpg
P_20231024_225324.jpg
P_20231024_214850.jpg

Last edited:

Picard

Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Country
Poland
Region
Lomza
I've got A4000 (EU, PAL version 220V PSU) in great condition. It has Buster11 and 64MB mod (it has 64MB RAM onboard) and A3660 CPU card 59MHz (68060). Let me know if you are interested.

dava1973

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Region
ZH
The board works fine, I think, I have found all the damage. Will thoroughly re-test everything and document, if still interested.

- Battery holder
- Clock chip
- IDE Drive (SSD)
- CPU-Board

Concerning CPU-Board: You can choose between 68030 - 68040 or 68LC060. Price will vary depending on the CPU, of course.
If you choose 68060, you will have to replace the 3.1 ROMs, though (I can provide modified ROMs for a small fee, will provide the original 3.1 too, for the licence).

Floppy is HD-Floppy, but gives R/W-errors even after cleaning. Can replace with DD drive or Gotek

The white-ish 5,25-inch-bay cover ist 3d printed. Can replace by CD-Rom, if desired. I do not have the original bay cover, unfortunately.
Lover floppy bay cover missing. Can 3d-print replacement, but that will have the same white color, as 5,25 inch bay cover...

eldeesan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Mexico
Region
GTO
I've got A4000 (EU, PAL version 220V PSU) in great condition. It has Buster11 and 64MB mod (it has 64MB RAM onboard) and A3660 CPU card 59MHz (68060). Let me know if you are interested.
Can you pm me details and price?

eldeesan

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Mexico
Region
GTO

- Battery holder
- Clock chip
- IDE Drive (SSD)
- CPU-Board

Wow thanks for the detailed information, Looks like you really raised this girl back from the dead. Can you pm me your price for the base system?

dava1973

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Region
ZH
Update on my offer for eldeesan:

• After searching the basement for the whole weekend, I found the original 5,25" floppy bay cover hidden in a long forgotten box... Added the lower 3.5" floppy cover from my own 4000 which is in a modified ATX-tower at this moment, so I can do without it at the moment. The result looks yellowed, but all in all quite pleasant (picture1a, 1b, 1c)

• I have done the forgotten repairs around the clock area and added back the Ricoh chip and a coin cell battery holder (picture 2)

• Tested the Zorro bus with my ZZ9000 - works fine -> 1280 x 1024 x 24 test screen produced by ZZ9000 is seen on the monitor on the left.
    (This picture, picture 3, is only to document the working zorro bus and is NOT reference for what is included in the offer! The ZZ9000 board, the amiga computers in the background, monitors, keyboard, external gotek and several other equipment seen on the picture are NOT part of the offer! ;))

Picture 1a - c:

Overview_Front.jpg

Fullfrontal_Front.jpg

Backside.jpg

Picture 2:
Update_Repairs_Battery.jpg

Picture 3:
Zorro_Testing.jpg

Top Bottom