sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Sadly I wasn't able to destroy it, and I can't really afford to just give it away, so I am looking to trade my Amiga 500 base unit in part exchange for another machine/hardware I want.
It has a 1.3/3.1 switch installed and 1 MB RAM. The only negative is the slight damage to the back right of the machine as seen in the photo.
It is also ready to be shipped from the UK for cheaper postage, and any questions please feel free to ask (y)

DSC00450.jpg DSC00451.jpg DSC00449.jpg

The machines I am looking to add to my collection are (in no particular order):
  • SAM Coupé
  • Memotech MTX
  • NEC PC-9801
  • NEC PC-9821
  • Apple IIe
  • Commodore 128
  • Panasonic Q
  • Pioneer Laser Disk Player
  • Jupiter Ace
  • Virtual Boy

Hardware:
  • Sharp Cyber stick
  • Micomsoft XE-1 ST2

Last edited:

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
you're not looking for a Dragon 32 ??

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
I have a dragon 32 spare, with PSU and tape lead. I might have a spare joystick. i can check.

it came in poor condition, I've cleaned it and made a new label for it (only printed paper) as the original was ripped

if your interested i have photo's before and after.

Ive also got a spare Intellivision and can give a soccer cart with it.

Last edited:

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Hi, great restoration on the Dragon. I'll have to think on your offer. I've got the CoCo2 already which TC has upgraded so I don't think the Dragon would offer me anything different as it's all CoCo ports AFAIK? The Intellivision would offer something different and they've recently released a Flash cart for it it seems but I am not sure if it's too basic for me... Do you have any photos of it, and has it had any AV mods etc?

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
I have an AV modded Intellivision that you requested 2nd in line. I've used it once since I got it and I'm quite happy to use my one via RF until the day my Generic brand LOGIK tv gives up, its brilliant, everything i throw at it tunes in perfectly (except amiga via VGA,, darn it was worth a try (Out of range)).

https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?67806-Mattel-Intellivision-AV-Modded&highlight=intellivision

I might ask TC to mod mine at a later date.

oh! the Modded Intellivision (as it states in the original thread) does not work via RF.

edit--------------

I know TC would side on the coco!!

I have a coco 2(from TC), It only has RF, there (at the time of purchase) was No viable way to AV mod the system (All Dragons have an AV port)

I think the coco 2 is great and with the CocoSD cart its brilliant, my only problem is I think it's mainly an American designed system by nature as 80%+ of all software uses the horrid Artifact mode over PAL which requires an NTSC setup too see the colours, on a PAL TV it's just shades of crosshatch and impossible to see what's going on, it's a real shame as I wanted to try the COCO versions of the Dragon games but I just cant see whats going on the screen. the few titles that support the normal colour modes are few and far between,

oh! btw, the Dragon 32 label I made by hand (inc Dragon logo) in MS Publisher, its far from perfect but its close enough for me.

Last edited:

sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Country
England
Region
Alresford
lol, you know Bas, he's always got something in the works :LOL:

I still can't decide. I will get back to you eventually :LOL:

Status