Amiga 600 upgrade options?

Megamix

Country
UK
Region
St.Helens
Picked up a Amiga A600 all boxed like new cant believe how good of condition it is in, the Amiga its self does not work and the board is been sent for Repair, but this did not have any upgrade done to it seals where un broken not even a hard drive.
What's the best upgrade option for it apart from the CF card HD I want more memory for it but more then the 1MB upgrade do they now sell board with 4MB or more on them? even one with a faster Pro too.

So what's my options I do have a A500+ to trade or sell to fund this as I got that at the same time just needed the battery removing and cleaning up.

Attachments

• Amiga (1).jpg
    Amiga (1).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Amiga (2).jpg
    Amiga (2).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Megamix

Country
UK
Region
St.Helens
cheers for that Damon looks like I will have to sell the 500+ to fund and get one of these.

Spritex1

Country
UK
Region
Leeds, West Yorkshire
The ACA620 is an excellent card gives A1200 cpu performance and very easy to install

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
or pre-order a Vampire 600 V2 from Majsta (possible 200 mips) 060 beater!!!!

Last edited:

Megamix

Country
UK
Region
St.Helens
well I have something's to look at what price is the Vampire going to be?? what I look at is what would I use it for no new software that's ever going to come out and use it, I have no intention of swapping to OS4 it would not be a Amiga in real terms I just need to keep in my mind the Amiga is after all redundant technology.

eXeler0

Country
Sweden
Region
Göteborg
Vampire v2 is about €120 and it will essentially transform the poor old 600 into a usable computer in terms of speed should you choose to walk that path. (Vampire v2 also has hdmi out for future expansions so in theory, in a while you could have an Amiga thats twice as fast as the fastest 060+ some sort of RTG graphics.)
But if youre after a more classic retro experience then yes, the aca620 is probably your best option.

Top Bottom