Amiga hardware reboot?

Matt3o

Country
Italy
Region
Florence
where the hell does this come from?

honestly it feels a bit like throwing money out of the window... but I wish them the best of luck.

Bryce

AmiBayer
Country
Germany
Region
Nordrhein Westfalen
He needs €40,000 for step one - Buying a few Amigas?? He's obviously not in the scene. But wow, you get to visit his games room (which obviously doesn't contain any Amigas presently) for a mere €750!

Bryce.

RichyV

A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going...
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
So, this is a crowdfuning project for him to buy Petro's collection and put it in a museum..? :blink:

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Maybe I should start my own Kickstarter to buy myself a Warp Engine? I would reward my supporters with pictures of it. :LOL:

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Pure scam it would seem then. Try to rip off people by using a kickstarter just to raise funds to boost your personal retro collection.

And with part 1 no one actually gets anything for their money. Sounds great!

It's also completely obvious he knows nothing at all about the Amiga and it's quite laughable that his plan is to reverse engineer the Amiga to recreate it. If he actually knew anything about them he would know schematics already exist and others have already made clone A1000 and other Amiga motherboard replacements. Plus he seems to completely forget about the copyright issues and the fact someone else still owns the intellectual rights to a lot of it.

Only $1 pledged. Lets keep it that way. Lets all report this kickstarter and get it removed before someone gets stung giving money to it, not that it will ever reach it's goal hopefully.

Vyncynt

Country
USA
Region
Alabama
As of today, he may accumulated $1.11 towards his lofty goal

Amon_RA

Country
Belgium
Region
Limburg
As a Belgian I'm really ashamed what this guy is trying to do... What an idiot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

KBQ

Country
Netherlands
Region
Nijmegen
Sad and no effort. I think I'll make my own kickstarter, build a submarine that can fly. I'll include a picture of a submarine and 3 paragraphs about how I know someone who owns a boat.

RichyV

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire

RichyV

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
Well, he's updated the campaign! Seems to have lost the museum idea and the "visit my games room for a day/week" and now he's offering shares instead. The description is also fully updated with the prophetic words "When the campaign fails...". I believe he has that bit of it spot on!

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Shares, would that be time shares? :LOL:

Vyncynt

Country
USA
Region
Alabama
As of today, he has six backers and has accumulated $11.05 towards his lofty goal. Only $44,191.95 to go!

RichyV

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
Top Bottom