Amiga IDE TJT 2011 info

RetroNinja

Country
Las Vegas
Region
NV USA
Hello,
I'm looking to find any information I can about this device. I bought it on eBay as an A500 IDE CF adapter.

So far, I *think* it was made by user tomthul. There is a thread somewhere here about it. The thread is from 2012ish and that user has not visited since 2019. If this is that device then it does not support auto-boot. I'm not clear on what driver it uses. It sounds like the default Amiga OS drivers. So does that mean SCSI.device or the A600's IDE.device? If there is a dedicated driver I'm hoping it is on one of the CF cards. Some things suggest it can support (2) CF cards at the same time, so that's cool.

As another tangent...
If it uses default OS drivers then why would it not auto-boot? Is there some hardware that makes drives autoboot?

Attachments

• tjt_2011_b.png
    tjt_2011_b.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 10
  • tjt_2011_label.png
    tjt_2011_label.png
    632.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

RetroNinja

Country
Las Vegas
Region
NV USA
Here's the old thread...

AmiBay link

And a grab of a particular thread piece...

From what Tomthul is saying there are 3 distinct items;
1)Ram board that goes under the 68k cpu and...
2)CF ide adapter that goes on the side expansion port.
3)A kickstart board that fits on the 68k.
The ide adapter sounds great. It can accomodate 2 CF cards , one formatted in Fat95 and the other in AmigaDos for easier file transfer. The amiga 1000 could so use this. I don't know what production levels are like but I guess he is trying to gauge levels of interest.

RetroNinja

Country
Las Vegas
Region
NV USA
Just to help the next person...

With the help of a magnifying glass, I could see the square pin1 on both boards. To further prove pin1 on the TJT board the green notations match up with ground. The IDE 44 pinout lists these as ground.

Attachments

• cf_1.png
    cf_1.png
    478.6 KB · Views: 5
  • cf_2.png
    cf_2.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 5
  • tjt_pins1.png
    tjt_pins1.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 5
  • tjt_pins2.png
    tjt_pins2.png