Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
I find your response a little confrontational JVDBossc, is it directed at me or Amiga Inc?

I've not been around the Amiga scene for many years so I'm not aware of frustrations other people may or may not have have with Amiga Inc. :unsure:

I just thought some people might find it interesting.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Ed.D,
sorry, i didn't mean to upset you, it's just that Amiga inc have caused the Amiga community a lot of troubles in the past.

all the best, JuvUK

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Hi Juv, wasn't your post m8 :)

I am sorry as I didn't know people had issues with Amiga Inc. :oops: Was just trying to share.

@Mods, If this post is going to cause a lot of Amiga Inc upset then would you kindly remove it.

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
failjv.jpg

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Ed.D I must admid it would have been wiser to choose my words more carefull.

I apologise. Of course it was nothing against you at all, it just like powerpie already said it Amiga inc has nothing to bring in my eyes that would have a positive impact.

Phipscube

WipEout Fanboi
Country
Denmark
Region
Ringsted
I was hoping that Hyperion would surprise us by announcing the take over of amiga.com. Darn...

I see they still advertise AmigaOS and make out that OS4 contract was terminated in 2006, no mention of it passing over to Hyperion legally. The website generally looks the same as it did before going offline, the only difference being the Commodore USA license in the News section.... its almost as if it was put back online just to announce that the deal is infact real. More fuel to the fire they are trying to burn around Hyperion and A-Eon I think. What a shame they can't all form together and sort out the problems. All this fragmenting of Amiga is just a really sorry state and in all honesty i'd rather the name be totally dead.

And I actually feel sick seeing all those lovely classic machines and the "history" of Amiga being touted as part of their company.

Anyways, best stop there ;)

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
Well let's hope that "AMIGA " X1000 is legal then. Otherwise this could be another useless delay.. Imagine a branded pc from another company called amiga and the os 4 hardware not able to be branded amiga:whistle:

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Ed.D thanks mate, glad you understand, have a nice day!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Just to clarify Ed.D about a.inc: they stop the Samantha board to be used with AmigaOS because they think they have $$ from Hiperion (OS4 developer) for licensing the Amiga name!

Samantha is the name of the knowing SAM4x0 boards.

I can't care less for A.inc than I do now. Amiga scalpers, that's all they are.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
The trouble I have from my perspective is this:

Here I am an Amiga User since 1986, never used anything but an Amiga forever, never gave up even when everything stalled. Was never interested in Aros or MorphOS etc.

Along come Hyperion and A-eon etc and start continuing the real Amiga deal... from my perspective everyone that isn't Hyperion or A-eon is just getting in the way with there annoying noise...

It appears Amiga people did it to themselves. Instead of sticking it out some decided to go other directions... well that is just fine but why can't they just GO AWAY and do there own thing? That is the issue I have :)

Amiga doesn't need this noise the real deal will survive... if it was true for these other factions then left them prove it and exist OUTSIDE the Amiga Forums etc... blasted noise makers...

LOL not exactly anything to do with this Amiga INC saga but related none the less... people made there choices and did bad things, why not accept it take it on the chin and disappear

btw I was never caught up on all this Amiga INC stuff etc, I just pulled back and collected Amigas and continued using them every day. I came back when things started happening and immediately gave my support as in buying the HW etc etc... You have too if you want to change things. People who don't buy the HW etc and opt to continue to post about the negative sides of this and that Amiga related are really not doing anything worth while don't you think?

WHY?

and now for the real question of the day... why did I buy 6 x 68010 chips?

Well, just roughly, I have over 30 A500s and at least 12 B2000s... if I wanted to sell just a few of them on, I was thinking, a 68010 could be a novel drawing card ;-)

whdload with quit, Ah, the luxury ;-)

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Aha! Now I know why you bought so many 010s!

Your plan is dominating the world, isn't it? CONFESS!

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
I'd say MorphOS is the real deal and OS4 is just making a load of noise (what with being there first and all, actually being affordable just like commodore amigas, and neither of them using 3.x code), but that's an argument for another forum.

Slayer

Country
New Zealand
Region
Dunedin
It doesn't really matter if MorphOS and AROS were born out of more than just the inactivity of the AmigaOS. It is something I would not wish to convert too. AmigaOS and its HW is what makes the Amiga an Amiga. Hyperion and A-eon and the likes of ACube are giving us exactly what we've been waiting for.

I can't even begin to convery to you how it feels to have something of our own again.

If you like what you support that's good for you.

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
... but it's not amiga hardware. the AmigaOnes and the Sam boards are re-purposed industrial hardware. The X1000 is the first they actually bothered to develop as an actual amiga first.

And OS4 is a near total rewrite. They said as much themselves.

Pretty much all they've got is the brand name, and some of the same UI design mistakes as 3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom