NovaCoder

Nova
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
As a proud owner of an MT-32 I'd really like to connect the sucker up to my A1200 so that I can add MIDI support to some of my Amiga ports :ninja:

grantek

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
NSW
I found that anything pre-made is disproportionately expensive because it's all retro gear aimed at studios, and not that common. There's not much to them, it's not a matter of converting protocols or anything, just some chips to interface the electrical signals while protecting both sides. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone that sells new ones pre-made, so I ended up building one based on a post here, and I found all of the parts could be found at Jaycar for less than $20 (definitely less than $10 if you were buying in bulk). The most expensive part is the 5-pin DIN connecters, so I went with 3 of them, one each of MIDI in/out/thru.

If you're okay at soldering you should be fine to build one, if you want I can post some photos of how I wired it up on prototyping board.

NovaCoder

Nova
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
Whenever I pick up a soldering iron someone gets hurt :LOL:

Thanks for the info though :)

I think I'll be better off getting an assembled one.

Last edited:

Harrison

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I've a midi interface, but it's never been tested by myself as it came with my A4000 back in the 90s. If interested make me an offer?

NovaCoder

Nova
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
Victoria
I've a midi interface, but it's never been tested by myself as it came with my A4000 back in the 90s. If interested make me an offer?

Cool

Got a piccy?

Just goes on the serial port does it?

I have an A1200

Thanks Harrison :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom