Amiga monitors?

User2921

Deactivated
Deactivated
Would anyone be willing to do a simple writeup/comparison of the different Amiga monitors? I have owned the 1084(P? maybe?) but have seen other monitors available as well, to include the 1942 or something along those lines. I would just be curious to see the differences in these. If there's a resource anyone can point me to that would be great! Thanks guys.

comraider

Starfleet Command
Staff member
Administrator
Site Developer
Blogger
Country
United States
Region
California
^ yep, that site is the ticket for monitors.

1942 is the ticket for me and my A1200. I have one of the Dell 4:3 CRTs that syncs to everything, but too big and doesn't color match the machine like my trusty 1942. :)

Vyncynt

Country
USA
Region
Alabama
Definitely agree!

I have owned a 1084S-D and a 1942. Both are great. The only injustice to the 1942 on that page is the fact that mine has an official C= swivel stand attached to the bottom and theirs is just sitting on a table.

User2921

Deactivated
Deactivated
Thanks! That's perfect. I appreciate it. I have a Dell U2410 I'm using as an all-in-one but it's not...perfect. AGA screenmodes don't look the way they should, in my opinion, an LCD or the like will never fully do native Amiga screenmodes justice.

I have a 1084 in storage but not sure if D or P or what. If you guys had to pick one of those out of that list, which would you pick? Just in case I decide to do a treasure hunt for one "ideal" Amiga native monitor :)

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
1942 all the way, I just recently got one on here for my 4000 and its replaced my 17inch trinitron... you loose the desktop space but ECS/OCS/AGA software just looks so nice and crisp and the speakers are decent too.... they also seem to stay really nice and white too, as you can see mine has no yellowing at all :)

weba4k4

I have five different 1084s monitors, quality is much of a much apart from the 1084D which looks stunning hooked up to the 128D in 80 column mode :D Super sharp....

roy_bates

resistance is futile!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
england
Region
birmingham
Thanks! That's perfect. I appreciate it. I have a Dell U2410 I'm using as an all-in-one but it's not...perfect. AGA screenmodes don't look the way they should, in my opinion, an LCD or the like will never fully do native Amiga screenmodes justice.

I have a 1084 in storage but not sure if D or P or what. If you guys had to pick one of those out of that list, which would you pick? Just in case I decide to do a treasure hunt for one "ideal" Amiga native monitor :)

the p is a philips the d is a deawoo

you can tell by the number on the back of the monitor.

i wouldnt pick as i have them all

User2921

Deactivated
Deactivated
Cool, I'm gonna hunt for a 1942 in that case. That looks perfect!

Robofruit

Country
United Kingdom
Region
North Yorkshire
I recently got a BBC multivitec monitor. I used the Amiga 23 to 9 pin lead then wired a 9 pin to the multivitec RGB DIN. The picture is amazingly clear.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom