Amiga output to Component? Or best other option?

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Since my Amiga 600 hasn't got the same svideo output as my cd32, I'll have to consider other options like Composite (yuck) or somehow make a RGB->Component solution (My monitor takes composite, svideo, component and vga)

What would you suggest? My folks got rid of my old Amiga monitor for no apparent reason (the philips 8833), so I'm looking for some kind of sensible replacement. And the used marked isn't as packed with CRT solutions as before, espesially not anything that takes RGB and is multisync.

I could look into the Indivision ECS, but it ain't cheap.

desiv

work in progress...
Country
USA
Region
Salem Oregon
I have one of amigamaniac's Amiga-SVideo adapters.
I love that thing. It was about $30 USD.. I don't know if he's actively making them now.
I think I read he was taking a break between runs to do some real-life stuff, and is planning on another run in a bit...

There is a thread on EAB about someone working on a component adapter for the Amiga, but I don't know where that project is; and I don't think he was planning on selling them when it's finished. But he said he'd let someone else make them.

I'd avoid composite. :)

Some people have been finding some monitors (I think mostly the TV monitors) that are syncing down to 15Hz, so VGA "might" work for you. It looked like it was mostly non-US monitors when I was reading about it tho.
(No surprise there.. :)

desiv

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
Ed can make a little device to change an RGB signal to Component out. You want me to ask him about it? I haven't seen one working but I have seen the design. Just let me know and I'll talk to him about it tomorrow.

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Ed can make a little device to change an RGB signal to Component out. You want me to ask him about it? I haven't seen one working but I have seen the design. Just let me know and I'll talk to him about it tomorrow.

if it isn't too expensive, I've seen a few of the rgb->component on the bay and it isn't that far from the indivision.

I miss my old philips amiga-monitor.

slaz

Country
UK
Region
London
Well a G2 VC3 genlocker will do that - (effectively work as a RGB->YUV transcoder) ..... I really doubt if you'd find higher quality.

Ahem - what a coincidence - I happen to have one for sale :)

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
If the proposals of the gentlemen above don't interest you, may i suggest an alternative? There's this German fella, Matthias (nickname djbase) whom i'm sure a few members here know of. He's been doing a rather interesting RGB to S-Video interface for the A1200 and A600. http://www.amigaworld.de/hardware/s-video-adapter/
I know the site's in German, but you can get into contact with him in English, nice communicative guy. I have used this interface in my A600 laptop and can assure you that its output is great! You would require some soldering skills though to attach it to your motherboard.

Top Bottom