Amiga-related Kickstarters

RichyV

A4000 lives once more! A1200 bits are going...
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Gloucestershire
What do members here think of the pros and cons of these?

Like the "BTB: Amiga Years documentary" & "Commodore Amiga: A Visual Compendium" book, along with Amiga games-studios and music related ones - They are great for those of us really interested in the content & also to entice others to join our merry band. But do they mean (in general, and not bringing specifics to the argument...) higher prices and more competitiveness for available kit?

What do you think..?

Cryton

AmiBayer
Country
england
Region
Leicestershire
Well I'm sure there are pro's and con's , I still think it's quite positive that this hobby of our can generate so much interest.
Like the Dallas kick-starter for the c64c cases it's pushed up the price of c64's , I've been looking for a keyboard and they've
gotten rare and expensive since this. But weigh this against the chance of new and some very cool cases for what could be
a long time with luck, and things don't luck so bad.

The more people interested then the more the prices will rise for older kit, but new parts may become cheaper with a larger
market. And added to that more project may come to fruition that where just mad dreams before, and the there are cool
projects like this https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/278860000/uncle-art-elite-ii-orchestral-and-retrogaming-musi .

Last edited:
Top Bottom