Not open for further replies.

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
740   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
UPDATE: If interested in Adapters/Cables with real 23pin conns, please follow my other thread here. I have only limited amount of these.

With a number of monitors / TV's supporting native Amiga 15 kHz mode I offer these Adapters for sale:
AMIGA VIDEO RGB to VGA (D-SUB) Adapter

With this adapter you just plug it to Amiga Video port and connect with your Monitor / LCD TV with a standard VGA cable. If your monitor supports 15 kHz mode, you get high quality picture comparable to such you get with a good scandoubler :)

I was amazed, when recently someone on this forum pointed out that his particular BenQ LED monitor (17" BenQ BL702A) handles 15 kHz modes fine, so I bought the same model (and later also BL912 and BL2205PT), made the Amiga to VGA Adapter and it really worked! No need of an expensive scandoubler, this cheap monitor handles it all itself. Some pictures of the monitor in action (don't forget to set the monitor settings Pixel Clock between 90-94 on BenQ BL702A, BL912 or BL2205PT to have perfect picture without any distortions).

Price for the adapter (in metallized case - still available): price is 10,5 € + shipping costs (PP gift or SEPA)

As an alternative to Amiga Video RGB - VGA Adapter you can also choose my fully modified SVGA cable. More info here in my cables and adapters thread.

I make these adapters myself, it can take 1-2 days after payment when the adapter is ready for shipment.

Aproximate EU shipping costs (registered priority delivery w. tracking):
for 1 adapter: 4,5 €, 2 adapters: 5 €, 3 or more adapters: 7 €
for 1-2 cables: 7 €, 3 or more cables: 8 €

Please note once more: This adapter is not a scandoubler, it is just a pass-through of the Amiga video signals, which only works, when your monitor supports it. Fortunatelly it seems a number of monitors handle it fine.
Please also note that the connector to Amiga is not real 23pin, but 25pin cutted to 23pin, because 23pin conns are not produced and cannot be bought in shops. This of course does not affect functionality. Connector on Amiga side is fully gold-plated for best quality & connectivity.Adapters should fit all Amigas fine, but in case of A4000, there is little space between audio and video conns, in that case it is needed to cut small part of the Adapter's case - I can do for you, just let me know when you intend to buy for A4000.
UPDATE: If interested in Adapters/Cables with real 23pin conns, please follow my other thread here. I have only limited amount of these.

I do test every adapter made on my Amiga with the BenQ monitor before sending.

Monitors tested and found working in 15kHz mode (PAL) with this adapters / cables: (Please report other working monitors here in the thread or by PM to me, thanks!)
BenQ BL702A (tested by me and many others)
BenQ BL912 (tested by me and many others)
BenQ BL2205PT (tested by me. This monitor is widescreen, and also has integrated speakers. Picture fills entire screen and can not be stretched to 4:3 ratio. Wired adapter works fine with A500/A600 and 1200 for bigbox amigas you need buffered adapter.)
BenQ G2420HD (tested by radiokida. Widescreen display)
BenQ G922HDL (tested by vladimpaler. Rock steady, and 4:3 on this widescreen display, so no problems with aspect ratio either.)
Acer H236HL (tested by 5kb)
Acer v226hql (tested by Zavuch)
ASUS VE247 (tested by suave)
Epson H416B Digital Projector (tested by PedroZlin)
Fujitsu B23T-6 (tested by PedroZlin. Widescreen display. Picture fills entire screen and can not be stretched to 4:3 ratio. 15kHz capability stated even in users manual.)
NEC 1970NXp (tested by doboy. Wired adapter works fine with A500/A600 and 1200 for bigbox amigas you need buffered adapter.)
NEC Accusync 71V (Wired adapter works fine with A500/A600 and 1200 for bigbox amigas you need buffered adapter.)
DELL Ultrasharp 2311h (tested by kulichbulich)
DELL 2001FP (tested by nifmus. Please note that not all revisions of this monitor work in 15kHz. On other internet forums they say, that DELL 2001FP made up until June 2005 is working, monitors from September 2005 don't).
Panasonic TH-42PWD6UY Widescreen Professional 42" Plasma Display (tested by Kremlar with buffered cable)
Planar 1520M (tested by eslapion)
BenQ MS510 Digital Projector (Tested by me. Projector shows good picture, but Pixel clock cannot be tuned - some vertical banding appears. Also no overscan is shown.)
--------------------------------
According to various internet sources it seems that these monitors also work in 15kHz:
ACER G206HQL, ACER V193HQV
BenQ G610HDPL
DELL U2410, DELL U2412MB, DELL U2211H, DELL U2711, DELL U2913wm, DELL SR2320L, DELL ST2320L, DELL ST2420L, DELL SR2320L, DELL ST2410
NEC 1550M
LG 1721a Flatron, LG 22LS4R, LG 19LS4R, LG M228WA, LG M198WA
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1vgaadapter.jpg_vga7.jpg_vga1.jpg_vga4.jpg_vga5.jpg_vga6.jpg

Last edited:

Deling

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Country
Poland
Region
pl
shock !! thats really awesome , I think this monitor will be hit in retro world

Last edited:

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
740   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
Payment sent for two adapters.

Payment for 2 adapters received from velourfog.

- - - Updated - - -

shock !! thats really awesome , I think this monitor will be hit in retro world

Yes, I believe among Amiga-users this monitor will be favourite. And I believe there is a great chance that other recent models from Benq will work too.

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
I cant see the photo's..... :(
I have tried all my monitors here with the VGA adaptor I have all say "Mode not supported"

good news is I told the Mrs about the monitor and she said "that's not a bad price for a new monitor" so I might be allowed to get one :D and then get shut of my Sony 14" portable TV.

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
740   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
I have the pictures linked to my site, they should show fine. I uploaded them as attachements now, so they will be permanent on the first post.

squale

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Country
France
Region
Hades Nebula
Can you show what is inside of the adapter ?

Is it the same as the commodore one ?

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
740   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
I have both adapters. Commodore one is pcb based with buffer, mine is directly rewired signals. Both perform the same.

Sardine

Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
I have the pictures linked to my site, they should show fine. I uploaded them as attachements now, so they will be permanent on the first post.

thanks for the photo's it's a REALLY clear picture, for me it means I won't be needing an indivision, I just wish the BenQ had speakers!!

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
740   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
Yes, if you consider that indivision ecs have its annoying ghosting + 50 Hz switching bug, from the time I bought the Benq I switched to this adapter and I am perfectly happy.
I still believe that most probably more of the new Benq monitors can do 15 kHz also, maybe someone else will test and report, so maybe you will find a model with speakers too.

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
740   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
Buffer is widely used in electronics. It concerns electronic signals. You can read about it a lot - just try google and check.

MC680X0

Frozen
Rating - 98%
100   2   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Friesland
@ a.mi.goun

Did you tried Hires-Laced (640 x 512) screen resolution on the BenQ BL702A and was it flicker-free?
Did you tried a pinball game? Was the vertical scrolling smooth or did it stutter?

Last edited:

a.mi.goun

Rating - 100%
740   0   0
Country
Czech Republic
Region
Prague
intrested in 1.
gonna test it on samsung syncmaster 753s.

PM sent.

@ a.mi.goun

Did you tried Hires-Laced (640 x 512) screen resolution on the BenQ BL702A and was it flicker-free?
Did you tried a pinball game? Was the vertical scrolling smooth or did it stutter?

Yes, I tested Laced mode, but this was flickering - so no flicker-fixer, just normal PAL or NTSC.
Pinball plays perfect smooth.

MC680X0

Frozen
Rating - 98%
100   2   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Friesland
@ a.mi.goun

How about testing DblPAL High Res No Flicker screenmode?
I'm very curious, because then I don't need an expensive flickerfixer
anymore. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom