Not open for further replies.

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone!

I received an email from AmigaKit today that says the Indivision 4000 I pre-ordered is packaged and ready to be shipped! I'll be sure to post pictures once it is installed; unless someone beats me to it.

Heather

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Re: AmigaKit Shipping Indivision 4000 Pre-Orders

Great News Heather

I recomend having a look over on EAB & reading through the 2 threads regarding the A1200 Indivision, there are some great tips there and also some important things you need to know regarding firmware updates & CRT / LCD compatibility.

I personally would advise plugging in a nice 17" or 19" CRT VGA monitor as the CRT's provide a much better experience & image (in my opinion).

I also hope Amigakit / Jens have had the sense to include a proper slot backplane with the VGA connector this time seeing as it is aimed at the 4000D which has a slot backplane.

If your A4000 has a HP LISA chip, don't be afraid give it a good push in the centre until you get a nice click, survey the Motherboard & indivision socket to ensure it is fitted all the way down & flat.

If you have a HP LISA chip you may not get the "click" and may have to resort to "fixing" the socket onto the chip, but do read the threads mentioned above, it's all there for you & a great resource.
If you need linkys let me know. 8)

Go on girl, I can't wait to see the piccies & hope indeed you are the first :wink:

Best Wishes and XX

TC :mrgreen:

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

Thanks for all the great info TC! I've got a few different LCDs and a couple CRTs I'm going to try. I would love some links to the threads you mentioned. Also, how do I determine which LISA chip I have?

I also hope Jens includes a proper slot backplane for the VGA Connector. At least, if he didn't, I can pull a plate from another video card to which I can attach the connector. I've never been very good at case modding.

I'll let everyone know when I get the the card and when it is installed. I also ordered an IDE terminator because I ended up not using the built-in controller. That delay at startup is horrible!

Talk to ya soon!

Heather

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

No Problem Heather,

You know I'm at hand to help any time, (Kinny no filth remarks please :wink: )

Linkys as requested are

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=38181
(long one mind !!! Lots of info about HighGFX too which you have to use it's brilliant)

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43117
(Hopefully the A4000 version will have been pre-modded)

Typing "Indivision" into the EAB search function may bring up one or two other strays.

LISA identification is easy as if it is a HP type she has a big HP logo on the housing.

If you can avoid permanent fixing the Indi it would be adviseable in case we you need access to the audio capacitors at some stage so we can replace them for you :wink:

My Indivision equipped A1200 (Album on EAB), has a HP LISA and to be honest since fitting the board in OCT 2008 has not moved since simply by using common sense & being gentle when I move her about.
You don't want the Indivision poppong off whilst the system is powered on. :wink:

I guarantee once installed you will not look back, the output quality is stunning especially with CRT, PAL / NTSC issues just disappear for good. 8)

Best of British, I think I'm excited as you are !!!! :LOL:

Best Wishes & XX

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

I would definitely like to avoid permanent fixing if possible. Unfortunately, my miggy's not getting any younger and may need repairs in the future. I guess getting old sucks whether you're a person or a computer! :wink:

Thanks again! I'm off to do some reading.

Ciao!

Heather

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

*cough*

....Getting old is one thing, (I'm excelling @ it atm) ....but sucking is something I am still, & intend to be, ...virginal on! 8)

Looking forward to the Pics SdG. :D

Kin

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

....but sucking is something I am still, & intend to be, ...virginal on! 8)

Tsk tsk tsk... And I thought my mind was always in the gutter!

Heather :wink:

TheCorfiot

Out in the Wild
VIP
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu

@Heather

In truth I suppose most of us have our minds in the gutter for a fair amount of time.
Some of us promote this fact better than others, right Kinny :LOL:

If you've got any questions or problems when the Indivision arrives regarding fitting or operation don't hesitate to ask, I'm probably going to be heading down to Amigakit tomorrow with my A4000D so we can carry out install & performance tests.

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

Talk about being prompted to reply! :roll:

It's a bit gutting to think I am or might even be gutter material on one hand..... & a bit of a pussy cat on the other! (ing) :wink:

What concerns me of these facts are hiding behind the name "Kin Hell" & only having 2 hands which are already used.

Debbie might have done Dallas some years ago, ......& yet no one ever realised Kin was & had done Texas before Debbie ever did the little Dallas thing!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kin

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

@TC

Wow! You can drive to AmigaKit? That would be nice. :) I'm sure I'll have some questions once the Indivision arrives.

@Kin

You can do wherever you like. I'll still respect you. :wink:

Heather

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ SdG
Must be summat to do with the flowerZ!