AmigaOS 3.2 Questions

fireful0

Country
United States of America
Region
South
Hello, all!

I have an Amiga 500 that I think I am going to go all out for in order to get it working the way I want.
I would love to get AmigaOS 3.2 installed, but I am confused on where to get it?
I purchased the 30 dollar "Plus" edition of AmigaForever, but I'm seeing that it does not appear to be on this compilation.

Did I buy the wrong thing?

Thanks so much! I'm still learning how all of this works. :ROFLMAO:

jurassicman

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Italy
Region
SS
Hi there!
Yes, you did buy the wrong thing indeed... :)

Amiga forever does give you the old ROMs and many more thing but doesn't have anything to do with the new OS 3.2 developed by Hyperion.
I'm sure you can buy the OS 3.2 (its cost is around 45-50 USD) from some reseller in USA.

As per its installation on your A500 you will certainly need some expansion card (of course an accelerator with a 68030 CPU would be much better) cause a plain A500 doesn't have an hard drive and also not enough RAM/CPU power to enjoy the new system.

You can take a look at the various Amiga stores to get an idea of what's around these days and then ask here for some tips...
Enjoy your new Amiga trip! :D

ptyerman

Country
United Kingdom
Region
Nottinghamshire
Indeed, as already said you will need an accelerator card and more memory, also a hard drive to install it on.
The most popular Amiga reseller in the USA is Amiga on the Lake, they sell OS3.2 and a wide range of Amiga merchandise.
Also any of the Amiga stores in the UK or EU also ship to the USA but you will have shipping costs to take into account when ordering. Many of the Amiga hardware add-ons will only be available in the EU I expect so it may be better to order everything you need at once and combine shipping.

fireful0

Country
United States of America
Region
South
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know!

Was looking at the TerribleFire 536 that has the 68030, and definitely gonna have to get that. Did some emulation, comparing the stock chip to the 68030, and MAN! What a difference!

Thanks for the info! What I'll probably end up doing is buy 3.2 from AmigaStore.eu when I get the accelerator card.

You guys rock!

Top Bottom