AmiNice?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Should we have a new section? AmiNice, a pleasant area where we can all get together and hug (in a non faggy way) have a coffee and generally pat each other on the back for being so darned nice :thumbsup2: :yourock:

Shoonay

Global Caturator
Country
Poland
Region
Kaczyce
Re: AmiNice?

So that means we can... we MUST be naughty in the other areas? :whistle:

Please call 070012112 if AmiRite. :mrgreen:

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

@Juv

Thank you oh so much for starting this AmiNice thread, you are such a wonderfull and thoughtfull chap at times and I really cannot see why others have such twisted opinions of you - without you my friend and not forgetting our good friends Arnljot, Zetr0 and kin hell to name a few, Amibay would not be as fun and stressfull as it is today :mrgreen:
Group Hug for Justin in a that genuine and none faggy way :grouphug:

Gary

/Imnogeek wanders off whistling Jan Hammer's MyAmiNice theme to himself

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

yay!! this is nice isn't it :)

i love you all guys really i do!! (in a straight manly testosteroney way of course)

imnogeek said:
@Juv

Thank you oh so much for starting this AmiNice thread, you are such a wonderfull and thoughtfull chap at times and I really cannot see why others have such twisted opinions of you - without you my friend and not forgetting our good friends Arnljot, Zetr0 and kin hell to name a few, Amibay would not be as fun and stressfull as it is today :mrgreen:
Group Hug for Justin in a that genuine and none faggy way :grouphug:

Gary

/Imnogeek wanders off whistling Jan Hammer's MyAmiNice theme to himself

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Meh.....

If you are thinking of turning AmiBay into the 'Blue Oyster Club', think again.... :wooha:

To be honest, I thought the reason we added feedback to the site was for people to be nice to one another....

I'm going to be watching this thread to see where this is headed, I sense that the boundaries are being tested again......

:popcorn:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

OK now I'm hurt, I spend some time thinking of things to post which are sometimes interesting, sometimes funny and sometimes just plain silly, I do my best to make the place interesting and fun, I try to make our little community stronger and a place people want to come and post and buy and sell, and all I get in return is a barbed comment about boundary testing? Well I'm sorry but no fair :cry:

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

@JuvUK

He's just the site admin, he's not supposed to be cheerfull ;-) Don't take him too seriously :jester:

I voted "no", but I will never take the "Shut up JuvUK you're boring me!" option :grouphug:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

Hey, if I really was the grumpy old fart that some people think I am, I would have locked the thread; however, I am intrigued as to what this might bring to AmiBay, therefore I am letting it be whilst watching how this progresses.

Can't say fairer than that.... sometimes, a Mega City One policeman's lot is not a happy one....

/Merlin goes off, whistling the tune to "Cops".......

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo

:)

Well, it's nice to see users here trating eachother nicely, without it turning out as a saussage fest or that it becomes completely YMCA. But as soon as anyone starts asking for the Indian and Cowboy, Merlin please step in with the LawGiver 2000. :flamethrower: :whistle:

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ Merlin

Personally, I don't see the link between testing boundaries, being a grumpy old fart or even the Blue Oyster Club. Are there homophobic issues at hand here? - because in all honesty, there shouldn't be! :tired:

Kin

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

ok, shut the thread please

/JuvUK wanders off muttering "jeez I don't know, try to do something nice! mumble, mumble

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester

@ all

I'm not homophobic at all; if anyone thinks that, they don't know me. I have no issues with those who have a hint of lavendar about them.

I just think that there is a certain point in male bonding that maybe should not be explored within this thread, as a retro computing site may not be the most conducive venue.

No offence was intended by my posts above.

imnogeek

Country
UK
Region
Midlands

Sarcasm off/:

Now that a few, erm, misunderstandings are out of the way I would like to get the thread back on topic.

It IS nice to recieve and show appreciation for some of the nicer things in life :)

Sooo I will leave the thread open Justin to carry on in the vain it was intended, to give others to have a chance to join us for a coffee and spread goodness and happiness over Amibay :thumbsup2:

@all If this is not your "cup of tea" then please feel free to move on, you don't have to post here :wink:

I would also like to echo a point made earlier... it is the chat that makes the community stronger, it does, I too have good friends on here that I would never have met away from Amibay and Justin is definately one of them.

Gary

:grouphug:

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS

Bit OT, but when I was young homosexuality was forbidden, today it is allowed.

I just hope it will not become mandatory! :woot:

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

@ Gary

Thankyou m8, somebody gets it!! c'mon guys where's the love? :inlove: :grouphug:

JuvUK

Kin Hell

Banned
Country
U.K.
Region
Cornwall

@ rauker

Same here m8y, on both counts! :woot:

@ all

My comment still stands. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a bloke giving a bloke a hug. It's always the wrong side of society that takes this cr4p the wrong way & think that such an event is considered to be ghey!
We all have our own feelings on these matters but for my two pennyworth, I voted Yes to level the score for Juzzers Poll. (cr4p, it's 5 - 6 now)
I'd also like to apologise to Justin if I confused him by not saying "@ Merlin" before I posted & to add to this statement, I'd give you a hug any day m8y, but not in a ghey way in the slightest! :inlove:

@ Merlin

I wasn't saying you were homophobic, but you suggesting no tilt towards Blue Oyster Club levels in this day & age is equally as bad as allowing gheyness into pubic, *cough*, public society in the first place. Keep it private fellas! :stick:

Best Wishes yaw'll,

Kin

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK

I voted 'Yes'

There's nothing wrong with having a nice friendly hug .... there's nowt homosexual about it!

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC

I'm abstaining. I don't want to get in the middle of all this male bonding. :wink:

Heather

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK

SkydivinGirl said:
I'm abstaining. I don't want to get in the middle of all this male bonding. :wink:

Heather

isn't that called a spit ro..... oh wait, better not say that! lol

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK

SkydivinGirl said:

Heather
Oh, come on Heather, join in on the group hug :grouphug:

Top Bottom