Not open for further replies.

thomas_red

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Kettering
For sale Amitek Hawk 1208 ram upgrade with 8mb stick. Full working condition.

Price: £65 + free UK shipping or nearest offer

Attachments

• IMG_2808.jpg
    IMG_2808.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2806.jpg
    IMG_2806.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

KBQ

Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Nijmegen
Queue jumping is bloody rude!

Anyway, PM sent. i'm going to bed

- - - Updated - - -

Payment sent.

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Queue jumping is bloody rude!

Anyway, PM sent. i'm going to bed

He is not queue jumping. You declared interest, you are first in line, however others are free to ask if its available and/or declare interest to be next in line as per forum guidelines (y)

KBQ

Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Nijmegen
Something has gone wrong. I'll deal with this out in the open for the sake of honesty and transparency.

Now, for some reason paypal has used dollars for this transaction. I don't know why that is. My bank account is English, it only has pounds in it. But at the time I didn't think it mattered much because it's an electronic transfer.

In PM you say you have only got £61 pounds. But I check my bank statement (censored account/card number for safety):

well.png

That seems to be your £65 plus 4% paypal fees plus a little extra for currency conversion. Checking GBP to USD with google confirms this.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

I have made a second payment, this time I managed to force paypal to do it in GBP (had to google the code and put it in the URL:blink:)

paid.png

So that's 65GBP plus comedy paypal fees.

Thomas when you see this can you confirm that the botched first payment is refunded? Thanks

Last edited:

thomas_red

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Kettering
I'm not saying different things in my PM. Received transfer in USD and Paypal says it will be £61.33 after conversion. It's not paypal refusing your transfer, I refused it as there was an option to accept or decline. I have huge experience with paypal since started ebay trade few years ago with 25,000 transactions counted at the moment and I'm sure that you simply choose currency you want when sending money. Paypal is confusing with their variable exchange rates, you've got different than me, this is one of the ways they make money so please avoid "foreign" currencies. My paypal account is full UK, registered here and no way it could force you to send non-GBP.

I've notice you get nervous in this thread for second time, it is not perfect way to solve issues on Amibay, despite that I can't see any problems other than you choose wrong currency by mistake.

KBQ

Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
Netherlands
Region
Nijmegen
I'm not accusing you of anything, the post was edited in a sort of stream of consciousness way...

I didn't choose currency, in fact I don't have a paypal account at all, it was done as a guest. Guest payments direct to accounts is such a neglected method of sending payment it always assumes USD unless you edit the URL manually... It's a junky method tbh but I've always been too lazy to register. I did not know about paypal having dodgy exchange rates but it makes sense now you point it out.

I imagine first payment will be back in my account wednesday/thursday so problem solved.

I always like to solve this sort of thing openly rather in private in case it turns into he said/she said nonsense. And I plan to sell a bunch of stuff on here soon so I want to be seen being honest :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom