AMOS Pro under CGX?

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Well. I know that's normally it's not applicable, but maybe with a hack or something. Like ModePro for example.

Anyone tried this before?

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
I don't think you'll have much luck getting AMOS software to use a CGX screen. I'm sure some sort of hack may be possible, but it would be a bit of a nightmare to code.

The closest you might get is someone writing an AMOS extension to allow CGX screens to be used - but that wouldn't help with existing AMOS software.

Is there any particular AMOS software that you're looking to run nuder CGX? Or is it AMOS Pro, the editor itself you'd like to use?

Templar

VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I believe that's difficult to write an extension in AMOS Pro to open cgx screens, but I was looking to run AMOS Pro editor under CGX due to the lack of a SD/FF.

I don't care if the code runs under Amiga natives modes (as it's the default), but to run the AMOS Pro editor under CGX mode.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
I use Amospro editor and edit/load/run programs on my 4000D with a PIV (y)

The only time I get problems is when I want to use a menu within the running program itself (n) my program then crashes :Doh: otherwise it works ok (y)

Dave G :cool:

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
How did you get that working? AMOS screens are a horrid mess at the best of times, let alone trying to promote them to a different mode!

Templar

VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
Apparently Dave means that his PIV has the SD/FF also.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
Apparently Dave means that his PIV has the SD/FF also.

True but I've used mode pro on an old Cyber card without SD FF. It works great for any software that is legally written.

I'm sure it worked with AmoPro for editing etc but not for the actual games.

davideo

I look like Gizmo
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Moderator
Treasurer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Boston, Lincs
What are you trying to run it on?

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
Just my fairly basic A1200 with 030. It's not a big deal. AMOS editor screen will not display correctly as an interlaced screen. Same thing happens under WinUAE, so I guess Francois got his copperlist wrong.

jvdw007

Country
UK
Region
Hampshire
I know this is a very old thread, but I am also very interested in running the AMOS Pro editor on my Voodoo/mediator setup as I too do not yet have a SD/FF.
If anyone has managed to get their AMOS to run on some RTG card without a SD/FF, please let me know how you achieved it.

I'm running OS3.1 on an A4000.

Thanks! (y)

HonestFlames

Country
England
Region
Shropshire
AMOS is a big ugly hack where screens are concerned. I have also not successfully used an interlaced editor screen.

AMOS needs the same modernisation treatment that Blitz Basic received. I don't think it is going to happen. There was one project started to write a compatible system, but it never really got anywhere.

jvdw007

Country
UK
Region
Hampshire
Oh well, gonna have to shell out for the Indy MKII then. Suits me fine really as I like to support Jens and their work (y)

Top Bottom