An idea for a site logo update....

Charlie

.. . Mouse . ..
Country
UK
Region
Wirral
Our good Merlin has been giving some thought to updating the look of AmiBay.

Here's a couple of rough mock-up's for the suggested 'new-look' based on Merlin's design:

50%, 30%​

Basically it's the site in it's current form with a 'watermark' of retro-computer logos. Sort-of 'modern website design with a hint or retro-goodness'.

50% - 50% opaque background.
30% - 30% opaque background.

So what do members think?
Suggestions / comments would be much appreciated...

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
Very nice, subtle and appropriate. I agree with Woody, definitely 50% for me.

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Our good Merlin has been giving some thought to updating the look of AmiBay.

Here's a couple of rough mock-up's for the suggested 'new-look' based on Merlin's design:

So what do members think?
Suggestions / comments would be much appreciated...

Oooh, Geocities is back! Lacks only the scrolling banner and "made for netscape 3", and it's a wrap!

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
PMSL!!

OK, so most of my artwork looks like a four-year-old did it with a box of crayons, but at least it shows that we have been thinking of updating things a bit.

We tried a logo competition a while back, but that fell flat on it's rear end TBH and it wasn't taken seriously.

This was put up in response to Tokyoracer saying in the "Call to Arms" thread that he could maybe help with design work and logos, etc. Whatever you come up with needs to encompass the whole retro scene, not just Amiga, if possible. That's kind of why I went logo-mad-tastic.....

If anyone else besides Tokyoracer wants to create a new logo, wallpaper etc. for consideration and post it here, fill yer boots....(y)

Nathanieltolbert

Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
I honestly don't really like either of the suggested changes. It makes the page appear cluttered in my opinion. I agree that the website could use a visual upgrade, but I feel that adding all that to the background would give me a panic attack. Too much going on for me.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
PMSL!!

OK, so most of my artwork looks like a four-year-old did it with a box of crayons, but at least it shows that we have been thinking of updating things a bit.

We tried a logo competition a while back, but that fell flat on it's rear end TBH and it wasn't taken seriously.

This was put up in response to Tokyoracer saying in the "Call to Arms" thread that he could maybe help with design work and logos, etc. Whatever you come up with needs to encompass the whole retro scene, not just Amiga, if possible. That's kind of why I went logo-mad-tastic.....

If anyone else besides Tokyoracer wants to create a new logo, wallpaper etc. for consideration and post it here, fill yer boots....(y)

what do you mean wasn't taken seriously? after all my hard work? :ninja:

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ JuvUK

There were some designs in the competition thread that might not be considered appropriate; let's not start agruing about which ones, eh?

If you want your design to be considered again, please upload it here in this thread and we all can discuss it.

OK?

Dave

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
@ JuvUK

There were some designs in the competition thread that might not be considered appropriate; let's not start agruing about which ones, eh?

If you want your design to be considered again, please upload it here in this thread and we all can discuss it.

OK?

Dave

:wooha: chill pill Dave, chill pill, remembering and re-reading that thread, then reading my post in here, how can you possibly take that seriously?
I know modderation is back with a vengance but, ummm draconian anyone?

Having said all that, i now know that you don't want any light hearted community friendly comments so i shall now STFU.

thanks

Merlin

VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
@ JuvUK

Sorry Justin; the last few days have taken their toll.

My post wasn't meant with any malice towards you at all, as I can't remember what you drew up and that's why I asked you to post it again. I've read through 100's of posts and it's all a bit of a blur right now.

I'm calm, don't worry. I'm just very tired right now; please bear with me.... and please calm down.

Sometimes words in print can be taken lots of ways and sometimes completely wrong; this is one of them.....:(

Top Bottom