An Natami?

commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
Now this is where post-Commodore Amiga development should have been going all along :D And they even have affordability as a goal, unlike some other projects. I just hope it works out for them to make it to retail...

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Yea this definately has potential. I hope if they ever can't continue someone with deeper pockets and a good understanding of what needs to be done steps in.

Looking forwards to seeing this one develop.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
there have been loads of threads on this both here and EAB, for Christ's sake don't let Alexh read this or it'll be doom and gloom all the way :LOL:

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
/Stands by with an industrial-sized can of Anti-Troll Spray.......

53935d1260068655-confederate-flag-your-take-anti_troll_spray.jpg

alexh

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Oxford
If they ever get it to release, then it will be a fun project, especially if it is open source. You'll need a fat wallet though.

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Yea unfortunately seems to be the case with most retro revival projects. Affordability being one of their goals though may mean it will atleast be MORE affordable than most... hopefully... ... maybe... :unsure:

alexh

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Oxford
It will be a project where in 10 years time it will cost pennies if the design files are made open source.

Station240

AmiBayer
Country
Adelaide,Australia
Region
South Australia
Wow a new retro computer that they actually built. It certainly looks do able for as long as they can still source chips.

I find it amazing how some rare items everyone wants cost silly money, and yet no one decides to make their own new version.

Hell_Labs

Banned
Country
England
Region
St.Helens, Lancashire
If they ever get it to release, then it will be a fun project, especially if it is open source. You'll need a fat wallet though.

nope.avi

...We hope. Honestly only Thomas really knows the cost of parts, as he's in the middle of using the space that used to be for the second PCI slot for something... else. And then there is the matter of production volume...

We're close though. In hardware, at least.

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Care to share then?

I'm sure i'm not the only one wanting to see this machine and fast wearing-thin patience

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Two Thousand, and freekin' Seven!

It doesn't cost you a dime to wait and see. The forum over there are also a fun read when it comes to a certain character that see the NatAmi as the next messiah.

Later updates on the site w/demos and all looks promising. Seeing how we have had little else going for the Amiga beside the minimig which does not much than the current hardware does - it's at least progress towards greater goals. Even though their release plans have been changed over the course of the project.

Top Bottom