Oslo
Region
Oslo
Just to help out, possible candidates seems to be:
Apollo 2060 Turbo
Blizzard 2060
Tekmagic 040 (w/060)
Wildfire

Of these both the Blizzard and Tekmagic has been sighted on this board the last year (and sold I think too). So they are in circulation :)

Good luck, and hope you get a Blizzard or Wildfire, they kick @$$.

Nathanieltolbert

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Olathe, Kansas
If I understand correctly SoftwareHut apparently still has, or had a few of their GVP 060 cards for the A2000 left, have you tried contacting him? They were made new last year, or the year before? I cannot remember. But if you contact him by e-mail located at the site he should be able to tell you.

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Just before the buy is better which board revision you A2000 is: if it is not a 6.0/6.1/6.2 motherboard, forget about it.

The Tekmagic060 is a real b!tch to configure and very picky of what motherboard it will work (or not).:banghead:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Diedorf, Germany
Thank you for the answers!

I've seen a new TekMagic 060/50 for <snip>...</snip> a lot of money, I hope to get a used one a bit cheaper... Or do you think the price is okay??

And my Board Revision is the latest, 6.2, so I think I have a good base... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zetr0

Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
@ThunderStorm81

Sorry, but I had to edit you post as it read as price guiding - also you cannot ask for evaluations here, the reason for this is simple - What one member believes its worth in one country, another person will believe a different ammount.

This can - and often does lead to arguments and then flaming - so to avoid all that - no price guiding and no evaluations can be conducted on the forum/boards

A2000 060 cards do come up from time to time, personally the best (and perhaps rarest) would be the DKB Wild Fire -

DKB Wild Fire
Having 10MB a sec fast SCSI 2 and 10MBit Ethernet on board with the ability to handle 128MB of RAM which it can interleaved (with identical modules) to give 64 bit RAM access - Very quick! - its a very very nice card - not to mention it has its own PCI ports as well for its propretary graphics card - The Inferno)

Blizzard 060
128MB of ram and fast SCSI 2 its a stoic of a card =D

GVP TekMagic
On paper the GVP TekMagic is indeed a powerful 060 - with upto 128MB of ram and fast SCSI2 controller (upto 10MB a sec operation) but i have read that these can be difficult to get setup properly - pending on moherboard revision.

Now although these cards dont come up that often, I have seen a couple pass through these boards in the last 8 months or so. So be stoic in your resolve and I am sure you will find the card thats good for you.

arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
If you aim for rare... Try to source up a Blizzard2060 card with the PPC developer module... :)

Then... Find a Amiga500 with bodega bay zorroslots and A2000 CPU slot and pop it in there. LOL, a Sweedish guy showed his rig two years ago I think it was on amiga.org. It's not useful, only really cool :D

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Diedorf, Germany
*lol*

That sounds not bad, should make a try... :LOL:

I will see what I get for acceleration, Wild Fire sounds awesome, but won't be cheap, I guess. Blizzard would be cool, too. But I think a TekMagic would be also the right for me... :cool:

I just want to run OS3.9 and maybe work on some music and graphic. Internet would be nice, so i have to get a X-Surf. Maybe I'll buy a new one, it's cheaper than the most used here... :whistle:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I just want to run OS3.9 and maybe work on some music and graphic. Internet would be nice, so i have to get a X-Surf. Maybe I'll buy a new one, it's cheaper than the most used here... :whistle:

If you want to run OS3.9, a 40/50MHz '030 with 16/32MB FastRAM would be adequate (although if you want to go all '060, don't let me stop you!)

Also, if you know somewhere that's selling new X-Surfs cheaply, perhaps you could let us all know, I'm sure that info would be popular! :)

r0jaws

Mondeo Man
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I didn't see an X-Surf though. You may want to have a look at AmigaKit or Vesalia if you want a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom