Any baseball fans?

rossi46

Country
Melrose, Roxburghshire, UK
Region
Scotland
I've been a fan of baseball since the heady days of Frank Thomas Big Hurt on the Megadrive and World Series Baseball on the Sega Saturn.

Only in recent years have I been able to watch the games online, thanks to new and improved fibre-optic broadband.

Now with Spring Training only a few short weeks away, I'm getting more excited by the day. I'm a huge fan of the under-performing (in recent years) New York Mets. I went twice to NYC in 2013 to see them play and we managed to attend 3 games.

There are a lot of teams here in the UK, but much more in England than here in Scotland.

Any other fans?

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
I love baseball!!
I regret not being born american for that i could have had a chance to play some serious baseball at college.
Of course, this sport is at minimal level in France.
Unfortunately, i can't play anymore because i can't run after a very bad knee injury in a motorcycle accident a few years ago.
Baseball seems to be one of the two sports i had a bit of skills for.

Last edited:

rossi46

Country
Melrose, Roxburghshire, UK
Region
Scotland
It's at a very minimal level here in Scotland, too, but what we lack in status, we more than make up for in enthusiasm!

I regularly go to watch the Edinburgh Devils play, but there's only 4 or 5 teams in the whole league. And they play on public grass, but it's always a good day out.

My 11 year old son plays in the Little League in Edinburgh also, but there's even less teams in that division.

watsonfmly

Country
United States
Region
West Virginia
I personally don't like baseball. I get bored. It feels like they jam pack 15 minutes of excitement into a 2 hour game.

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
I personally don't like baseball. I get bored. It feels like they jam pack 15 minutes of excitement into a 2 hour game.
That's what i would say of american football or even some soccer games, but not baseball.

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
If you don't like baseball, you might like better rugball :)

karisma-toys-cobra-rugball-packaginig-5.jpg

CobraRugball_extrait01.jpg

cobralerugball2.jpg

Xanxi

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
France
Region
Paris
That's from Space Aventure Cobra, great manga and anime from Buichi Terasawa. The rugball arc is one of the favorite amongst the fans.
Cobra is drawn in the image of Jean-Paul Belmondo.
Rugball is a deadly mix of baseball and american football. Killing the opponent is allowed during the game and even during official training sessions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom