Status
Not open for further replies.

dougal

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Country
Malta
My A2000 is only 512K and almost nothing works on it.

I am looking for a cheap RAM upgrade maybe to 1MB or 2MB.

I cannot spend a lot of money, but I am a fast payer and can pay using paypal.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Your best bet is probably a Zorro FastRAM card. They are often quite modestly priced and show up on here from time to time. If you don't have a hard disk, you might want to try and find a GVP HC+8, that'll give you a SCSI interface and some FastRAM too.

It is possible to get a 2MB ChipRAM upgrade that replaces the Agnus chip on your motherboard, but they're a little less-common and therefore a little more-pricey than the equivalent amount of FastRAM. There is one for sale here at the moment: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=4357
It's an NTSC version, so if you're using the Amiga on a TV, you'll need to check what standards your TV supports. If you're using a monitor, it shouldn't matter.

Tajmaster

Truth, Justice, all that stuff.
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Just to add to Andys post, I beleive if you need this (the MegaChip) to be PAL all you need is the PAL 8375 Agnus :) I have the same thing in my A2000, its awesome!

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
Indeed, it's just a matter of swapping the NTSC 8375 for a PAL unit on the Megachip/MiniMegiChip/the_other_one_which_name_I_don't_recall.

Notice that on some of those devices the Agnus is directly soldered in the board.

dougal

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Country
Malta
Thanks for the help guys but i have found and bought a ram board not from here.

Please close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom