Anyone going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Is anyone going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this coming weekend?

I've not got tickets yet, but am considering going (I only live a mile away after all!). It's gone up in price again this year though and is £50 per ticket. But late bookings can collect tickets on the gate on the day.

This will be a good year for any F1 fans as it is the 60th anniversary of Formula One, so to celebrate the Festival of Speed will have over 50 of the most famous F1 cars throughout history on show and running on the track. These include Schumacher's '91 Benetton, Hamilton and Button driving the Prost McLaren and their current cars, The Tip0 159 Alfetta Alfa Romeo, Brabham, Brawn 2009, many Ferraris, Jordan, Lotus, Maserati, Matra, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche, Toleman, Tyrrell, Williams..

More info here.

Confirmed F1 drivers are Jenson and Hamilton, Mark Webber, Nico Rosberg, Jarno Trulli, Heikki Kovalainen, Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Marc Gene and Nick Heidfeld. Many of them driving this year's cars, which is always great to see so close to the track and cars as they go past. Normally with the drivers doing some burnouts, and Button sometimes doing some doughnuts (captured one of these on video he did in a BAR a few years back).

Plus Sir Jackie Stewart, John Surtees, Emerson Fittipaldi, Mika Hakkinen, Sir Stirling Moss, Jochen Mass and Patrick Tambay. I would be surprised if David Coulthard, Johnny Herbert and Damon Hill are not there as they normally are.

And as has been the case for a few years now, the great rally stages will also be there with some famous names racing history rally cars from the past and present.

@JuvUK. Will any of your cars be there? are you going to be there?

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
go!! it's really good fun, i can't go this year as we are running in the classic Le Man :(
it's being televised on Motors TV if anyone is interested, please support the yellow 512M!(y)

back to Goodwood, if you're going have a great time, if your a petrol head you'll enjoy it

I believe we have a 166MM going up the hill at some point, that'll be worth watching

cheers, JuvUK

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
166MM is a late 40's Ferrari, right? Do you know if it is open top or hard top version?

I do go most years, but haven't been the last 2 years as it was becoming very similar each year; but with the 60th F1 anniversary I probably will.

I do love being able to stand right next to the F1 cars when they fire them up... can't hear anything for a few minutes after that! :LOL:

If I go I will take some video and lots of pictures and post some up for you all to see.

inoel

AmiBayer
Country
uk
Region
WALES
may go if am off!

I only live a mile away after all!

wow i am in bognor are their any more amiga users around here?
I'd love to start a uesr group.

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
I'm in Fishbourne, so the other side of Chichester.

Would be interesting to find out if there are many more around West Sussex.

inoel

AmiBayer
Country
uk
Region
WALES
I'm in Fishbourne, so the other side of Chichester.

Would be interesting to find out if there are many more around West Sussex.

I did buy an A500 for littlehampton the other day so mybe LOL(y)

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
I really wish I was going, the thought of seeing all them 80's LeMans cars does studd too the err, *ahem* "Crown Jewels".

Top Bottom