Anyone got Elbox Mirage 4000 Pro? What do you think of it?

stachu100

Country
Poland
Region
mazowieckie
I have it, but still in the box...
So I can tell you nothing about mechanical compatibility.
Maybe someday.;)

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I have it, but still in the box...
So I can tell you nothing about mechanical compatibility.
Maybe someday.;)

I'm thinking of asking Santa to bring me one :cool:

Just wanted some opinions, thats all - I'm sure it will be compatible with CSMkIII/PPC things like that, Nice Radeon setup with Indi AGA (Thinking to use LCD Screen with DVI/VGA inputs for auto switching screens.

This is a bit in the future though, more of a wish list! But maybe I can get the Tower its self as a gift :D

Templar

In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I used to have this Elbox Mirage Tower 4000 Pro (ooouff), 2 years ago.

To be honest, I was not satisfied compared to the money I spent back then.

I had a lot of problems about the software drivers. I've put a Voodoo3 gfx card, and my A4000 sometimes didn't recognize it, as well as a PCI ethernet card bought from AmigaKit. So sometimes I used to change the VGA socket from Voodoo3 to my Arxon scandoubler back then to see the normal native resolutions. Strange, it was.

I believe that's a very expensive solution for upgrade your A4000 into a tower with a mediator (but do you have another choice? Unfortunately no). :(

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Thanks for the info, hopefully they have better driver support with the new MMCD Drivers they have just released. I had similar problems getting things to run on my A1200T/Mediator so I've learned a few things now that would help in my persuit.

I expect its built very well, I have just aquired the Power Tower for A4000D and its very well built, maybe I will stick with that one and retr0bright but its great to get this feedback,
thanks.

Steve.

Country
U.S.
Region
Canton, IL
Thanks for the info, hopefully they have better driver support with the new MMCD Drivers they have just released. I had similar problems getting things to run on my A1200T/Mediator so I've learned a few things now that would help in my persuit.

I expect its built very well, I have just aquired the Power Tower for A4000D and its very well built, maybe I will stick with that one and retr0bright but its great to get this feedback,
thanks.

Steve.

I'd stick with the power tower if it's in fairly good shape. You'll lose a 3.5" bay with the mirage and it's a bit less sturdy than the steel framed power tower. (y)

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@Steve

Few days a go I ask Elbox about the Mirage 4000 Pro....

and...

The M4Pro comes with a "special" version of the Mediator 4000D (mechanical modifications from the "standard" version) to fit in the case. :(

So, you need to buy case+Mediator (as a "pack").... and is really very expensive, I think. :( You buy a complete A4000D for the prices od M4Pro.

Also I ask SoftHut about the Power Towers... but the answer... not in stock & no more production.....:(

So I'm trying to buy a second hand Power Tower (or similar) and, if no way, I will continue with my PC-Server (I have some big tower cases in "stock") modding project.... (y)

I think the best for you is to reserve money for other A4k expansions...

Cheers

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I'd stick with the power tower if it's in fairly good shape. You'll lose a 3.5" bay with the mirage and it's a bit less sturdy than the steel framed power tower. (y)

Its not in bad shape to be honest, just missing bay covers and a little yellow, I'm very pleased with the build quality so you might be right :cool:

On the other hand I like the design of the Mirage Pro, plus obviously it woul be new which appeals and bundles with PCI option is tempting.

Here is the one I have now:

IMG_0363.jpg

@Steve

Few days a go I ask Elbox about the Mirage 4000 Pro....

and...

The M4Pro comes with a "special" version of the Mediator 4000D (mechanical modifications from the "standard" version) to fit in the case. :(

So, you need to buy case+Mediator (as a "pack").... and is really very expensive, I think. :( You buy a complete A4000D for the prices od M4Pro.

Also I ask SoftHut about the Power Towers... but the answer... not in stock & no more production.....:(

So I'm trying to buy a second hand Power Tower (or similar) and, if no way, I will continue with my PC-Server (I have some big tower cases in "stock") modding project.... (y)

I think the best for you is to reserve money for other A4k expansions...

Cheers

@merlinkv

Thanks for the info (y)

Did Elbox give you any idea how long to be delivered?

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
@Steve

Yes, Elbox said 30 working days, because is a pre-ordered production.

I bought alot of items from Elbox, well packed & fast delivered. Not problems with services and assistance.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
@Steve

Yes, Elbox said 30 working days, because is a pre-ordered production.

I bought alot of items from Elbox, well packed & fast delivered. Not problems with services and assistance.

Thanks for the info, its appreciated (y)

Top Bottom