Anyone handy with a Dremell? I need to have a ZX Spectrum case modded!

CU_AMiGA

Country
Exeter, Devon, UK
Hi

Just bought a justspeccy128 motherboard. I am going to purchase a ZX Spectrum + case (non working model) and use this to house the motherboard. The problem is, it needs a slight modification at the back regarding hole sizes, etc for the motherboard to fit in. Can anyone help me out?

Regards

Ed.D

Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Bristol
Hi CU_Amiga,

I might be able to help. Could you possibly take some photos of the parts when you get the case so I(we) can see what's required?

Regards,
Ed.

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
mate, you shouldnt have too much trouble unless it's very very exacting and precision.. I've not seen the mods needed but i could advise a teeny bit if you could share a pic whats needed? My fingers got ripped to shreds modding my C64 case in a very simple way but I borrowed a dremel and truth is most of the time you might not need it. Original case plastics can be very soft and easier than they appear. i got a long way with an electric screwdriver and drill bits and cheap nail files from the pound shop ! dremels may be overkill.

share a link if at all possible?

CU_AMiGA

Country
Exeter, Devon, UK
Hey guys. Ok i have uploaded an image underneath! What do you think? :)

speccy.jpg

iainjh

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
England-Shire, UK
Region
High Wycombe,UK
id go with measure up; mark up with erasable pen like a white board pen; re-check it 3 times :) ; get cutting! needle files /once you're 50% of the way use those cheap cardboard nail files. The plastic will be quite soft. Just go slow i'm sure it'll be easier that it looks. it's a great help to have a photo to go from and all are in one line.

retango

Country
United States
Region
Miami / Argentina
Hi CU_amiga! I'm in your same situation, trying to install the Just Speccy 128.. I just bought a Dremel, but I'm afraid of ruining the Spectrum case.. No experience whatsoever with a Dremel! Were you able to do it? If so, could you share some tips / pictures? Thanks!

Top Bottom