Not open for further replies.

StormRider

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Cagliari
Hi. I got an A500 and I'm looking for everything I can find for my Amiga. Especially, I'm looking for memory upgrades, kickstart upgrade and eventually an hd. I can consider original software and/or games. I live in Italy, so please post prices including shipping to my country, thanks.;)

THoR

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Country
uk
Region
merseyside
i have alot of 500 stuff

at least 2x 1mb
games lots with boxes in near mint
joysticks x 15

ask for anything in particular and i`ll see if i have it.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1037   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
I've got a roboshift auto joystick switcher in my box of spares, £5 inc P&P if thats of any use to you :cool:

stachu100

Rating - 100%
387   0   1
Country
Poland
Region
mazowieckie
I have external HDD with 8MB RAM memory expansion. Please PM me if you still need such item.

Marc

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Essex
Hi StormRider,

Please try to wait at least three weeks before bumping an item unless there is a change to the listing (i.e. price drop, additional items, fewer items, etc).

Thanks!

Seaside

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Athens
I have 2-3 spare Rev6A mainboards with 1MB ram soldered or socketed on board.

A very clean Amiga 500 Housing (top + bottom)

StormRider

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Cagliari
Sorry. Here is what I'm actually looking for:

Internal floppy drive
External floppy drive
External CD drive (if it ever existed for A500)
Chip mem expansion to 1MB (or better to 2MB)
Processor upgrade
Kickstart 3.1 (the revision of my Amiga MB is 6A)
HD box for the side connector, better if it comes with memory upgrade too
Original software and games, specially Workbench 3.1 or newer and racing games (like Lotus Challenge, Microprose Grand Prix/World Circuit and so on)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Internal floppy drive
The model you need is a "Chinon FB-354" -- you can migrate things like the eject button off an existing dead drive if you need to.

External floppy drive
Plenty of those about, they're standard across the whole Amiga range.

External CD drive (if it ever existed for A500)
It's called the A570, but there might be a better option (see below)

Chip mem expansion to 1MB (or better to 2MB)
With an r6a, it's possible to solder an extra 512K of ChipRAM on to the board and change a couple of traces. If you want the full 2MB, you'll need a MiniMegaChip or equivalent.

Processor upgrade
This is likely to be the most-costly part of the endeavour, you're either looking for a 68000-socket one, or something that plugs into the lateral side-expansion port.

Kickstart 3.1 (the revision of my Amiga MB is 6A)
The 16-bit Kickstart 3.1 ROM is the same for all revisions of A500, A600 and A2000. There are 3.1 Kickstart kits on the Other Bay right now (Click here for BIN listing, with Kickstart ROM and Workbench 3.1 disk set)

HD box for the side connector, better if it comes with memory upgrade too

GVP made a bunch of these, the HD+8 is a good way to get 8MB Fast and a SCSI controller for your hard disk. These also tend to have external SCSI ports, so you can just use a standard SCSI CD-ROM off the back of that.

The holy grail of these is the GVP A530 -- That's your '030 CPU upgrade, FastRAM and SCSI/Hard disk all in one box.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Just to add to Andy's comments.

If you can lay your hands on an A590, these are a 50-pin SCSI / 8-bit IDE hard drive unit that plugs into the side of the A500 and also has an external SCSI port, so that you could attach an external CD drive.

StormRider

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Cagliari
*Bump*

Kickstart 3.1 + WorkBench 3.1 bought on eBay (thanks for the link AndyLandy!) and already shipped, I'm just waiting for the deliver.

In the meanwhile, I'm still looking for these:

Internal floppy drive
External floppy drive
1 or 2MB chipmem upgrade for trapdoor slot
Possibly a GVP A530, or at least a CPU upgrade and/or an HD box with mem upgrade for the side slot

rkauer

Amiga fanboy
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Country
Brazil
Region
São Leopoldo, RS
@StormRider: there is no 2MB chip RAM upgrade for the A500. Maximum it takes is another 512kb, totalizing 1Mb chip RAM.

Using a Mini-Megi-Chip/Megachip plugged in the Agnus socket will turn a common A500 in a 2Mb chip RAM unit.

Some trapdoor expansions can add more than 512kb of RAM to the A500, but anything over 512kb will be slow-FAST RAM.

StormRider

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Cagliari
@StormRider: there is no 2MB chip RAM upgrade for the A500. Maximum it takes is another 512kb, totalizing 1Mb chip RAM.

Using a Mini-Megi-Chip/Megachip plugged in the Agnus socket will turn a common A500 in a 2Mb chip RAM unit.

Some trapdoor expansions can add more than 512kb of RAM to the A500, but anything over 512kb will be slow-FAST RAM.
I found on eBay Italy a 2MB expansion (1,5MB on the board + 512kB the A500 has itself). It has to be put in the trapdoor slot and it has a cable with an adapter that has to put under the "Gary" chip (as the seller wrote in the description). Pics are here:
http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/comp...m-da-1-5-megabyte-per-commodore-amiga/7555665
Do you think it should really work as 2MB chipmem expansion or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom