ArduiTape

Buleste

AmiBayer
Country
Staffordshire Moorlands
Please have a look at my blog of my ArduiTape project. Inspired by the Tapuino project I decided I wanted to build something similar for other 8-bit machines that required REM control on their tape machines. With the help of a very good friend (ok he did the hard work and I just had the ideas) we designed and built this project. The software for this project is in an early stage so conversion of tape files to .WAV is required before transferring them over and it has only been tested on a MSX and an Electron, but the more builds we get the more we can improve the software and the functionality.

My build blog.

Andrew Beer's prototype design.

1509852_643690405736814_6363889161950904302_n.jpg

protek

"Takai desu ne." -"Jinsei da."
Country
Finland
Region
Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
How is this project coming along? Have you looked into the audio conversion, so that you could use tap/tzx files directly without having to convert them into wav first?

Buleste

AmiBayer
Country
Staffordshire Moorlands
At the moment no-one else has built any and I don't have a Spectrum to test one on so we don't know what the right settings would be for the wavs. We're trying to add LFN support as well but it's not as easy as we thought it would be.

All in all everything is a little stalled.

Buleste

AmiBayer
Country
Staffordshire Moorlands
A new Hardware update is coming soon which will make the build less complicated and also mean that the .wav samples can be of higher quality. It will also mean an software rewrite and could hopefully mean that there is no reason to convert files beforehand.

Buleste

AmiBayer
Country
Staffordshire Moorlands
The new hardware was a bust However my programming partner manager to get the Arduitape working with .cas files for the MSX. The latest update in the blog can be found here.

Any Arduino programmers who can help with the text scrolling and any performance improvements are greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom