Assistance required - SIMM's

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Does any kind soul know if these (see pic) 72 pin 128MB SIMM's are any good for a Blizzard PPC or any other miggy accelerator card?

According to the Kingston memory website, the SIMM's were designed for use in Compaq 3000 and 9000 server's

Kingston KTH-KSVR/128 128MB FPM SIMM
72 pin
FPM
No speed given so presuming 60ns

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
All SIMM's should work the same way regardless what machines they were intended for. You are always taking a bit of pot-luck as accelerators can be picky with them but I got a 128MB SIMM just like that in my RiscPC and it's working just fine.

Blizzards are genrally compatible with a wider range of SIMM's then say an Apollo card.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
No, they're worse than useless.

I have two of those exact SIMMs and they never worked in my DKB Cobra, and I have no reason to believe they'll work in any other Amiga accelerator.

I believe they're printer memory, and not standard FPM/EDO SIMMs. Tread carefully.

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
Hi Andy,

I'm going to give them a go anyway and see what happens. According to everywhere I've looked, these SIMMS were created for the servers and not for the printers with the same names - so in theory anyway, they should be fine.

GERONIMO! lol

Last edited:

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
Hi Andy,

I'm going to give them a go anyway and see what happens. According to everywhere I've looked, these SIMMS were created for the servers and not for the printers with the same names - so in theory anyway, they should be fine.

GERONIMO! lol

I hope you aren't buying them off eBay, when I could sell you mine for half the price... ;-)

StrontiumDog

Banned
Country
United Kingdom
Region
The Willen Lake
I hope you aren't buying them off eBay, when I could sell you mine for half the price... ;-)

Not brought any yet - got 2 SIMM's en-route on loan for testing which will have to be returned so if you don't mind hanging onto them for a few days then I'll shout in your direction if they work :)

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Treasurer
Country
UK
Region
Southampton

Not brought any yet - got 2 SIMM's en-route on loan for testing which will have to be returned so if you don't mind hanging onto them for a few days then I'll shout in your direction if they work :)

Awesome. I hope for both our sakes that they work for you :)

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Just to let you know blankstare, that was my personal opinion. It worked for me but I don't knw what ones your about to get. Best of luck. :)

Top Bottom