Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Stafford
Hi all,
having another clear-out. I have for sale the following:

- Atari 1040 STf, TOS 1.02 UK, UK keyboard SOLD!
As seen in the photos, the machine is not completely yellowed, most notably the function keys, and the N, Delete on main keyboard; / and . keys on the numeric keypad.
It's in very good condition, it has been used for work mostly (sat in my old colleague professor's office at a department of physics), never been opened/tampered with (the warranty seal is still on.) It comes with the original Atari mouse and a professionally made gold-plated SCART cable (by Retro Computer Shack; enough said!) Includes power supply cable.
I am asking for £35 £40 including shipping in UK.

- UltraSatan II SOLD!
comes with plastic enclosure, connection cable to the Atari, power supply. It works perfectly, the firmware has been updated to the latest version. Note that the front led doesn't work, but this doesn't affect the unit (I suspect the led needs to be re-soldered.) I'll add a 32Mb formatted card with ICD drivers so it will be ready to use.
I am asking for £55 £60 including shipping in UK

- Atari SM124 GAVE AWAY!
In excellent conditions, sharp image, no burnt pixels, crisp sound. Very little yellowing.
I am asking for £25 £30 including shipping in UK

If you buy the lot, you'll save 5%.

Cheers,
Antonio

Attachments

• Foto0025.jpg
    Foto0025.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Foto0026.jpg
    Foto0026.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Foto0027.jpg
    Foto0027.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Foto0028.jpg
    Foto0028.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Foto0035.jpg
    Foto0035.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Foto0034.jpg
    Foto0034.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 1
  • Foto0036.jpg
    Foto0036.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Foto0032.jpg
    Foto0032.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Foto0031.jpg
    Foto0031.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Foto0029.jpg
    Foto0029.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

johnali3n

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Country
England
Region
East Grinstead, West Sussex.
Ultra Satan II sold to johnali3n!

Received with thanks. I have a few questions:-

1. Who did you buy this from originally? Lotherak?
2. Does the 32Mb card included actually work as I cannot get it to read on the device. My cards do work though.
3. I sometimes get 6 bombs on start up on my Atari STE - do you get this?
4. I have to reset my Atari STE to get the UltraSatan to recognise - did you have this problem?
5. When you have 2x SD Cards inserted, how do you read from both of them as I can only get one to work at any one time.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Stafford

2. Does the 32Mb card included actually work as I cannot get it to read on the device. My cards do work though.
4. I have to reset my Atari STE to get the UltraSatan to recognise - did you have this problem?
5. When you have 2x SD Cards inserted, how do you read from both of them as I can only get one to work at any one time.

Thanks!
Hi John,
glad you got it! Sorry you are having problems with it.
1. I bought it from a guy on Atari Forum, I don't think he is Lotharek
2. I have a 1040 STf, with TOS 1.02. I used ICDPro with "Old TOS" option; perhaps that's the reason it doesn't read on your STe?
3. Never got any bombs on my STf, but as I said, I formatted with the Old TOS option.
4. Nope, no problems with ICDPro. I suppose you have the "good" DMA chip?
5. Recognition should be automatic, at least it was with ICDPro. I used a bootdisk of ICDPro, and went from there. As you can see from the photos, I had two SD cards with many partitions on each. Iceman was run from one of the SD cards.

I used a document I found on the internet to configure the device with ICDPro. Let me know if you can't solve the problem; if you are not happy the best I can do is take it back.

Cheers,
Antonio

Last edited:

johnali3n

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Country
England
Region

Thanks!
Hi John,
glad you got it! Sorry you are having problems with it.
1. I bought it from a guy on Atari Forum, I don't think he is Lotharek
2. I have a 1040 STf, with TOS 1.02. I used ICDPro with "Old TOS" option; perhaps that's the reason it doesn't read on your STe?
3. Never got any bombs on my STf, but as I said, I formatted with the Old TOS option.
4. Nope, no problems with ICDPro. I suppose you have the "good" DMA chip?
5. Recognition should be automatic, at least it was with ICDPro. I used a bootdisk of ICDPro, and went from there. As you can see from the photos, I had two SD cards with many partitions on each. Iceman was run from one of the SD cards.

I used a document I found on the internet to configure the device with ICDPro. Let me know if you can't solve the problem; if you are not happy the best I can do is take it back.

Cheers,
Antonio

Thank you for your help. I will try another Atari and see how I get on! :)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Stafford
I see from your signature you have an STFM, that should be the closest to my hardware configuration; unless you have TOS 2.06? I have heard of a few compatibility problems, perhaps the driver doesn't "like" this version.
Anyway let me know how it goes.

johnali3n

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Country
England
Region
I see from your signature you have an STFM, that should be the closest to my hardware configuration; unless you have TOS 2.06? I have heard of a few compatibility problems, perhaps the driver doesn't "like" this version.

I have over 20 Atari ST machines and spares so can make the exact same spec as yours. What concerns me is the fact this unit is no better than my SatanDisk. Anyway, leave it with me and I will see how I get on.

Have you ever had the unit open?

Cheers.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Stafford

I have over 20 Atari ST machines and spares so can make the exact same spec as yours. What concerns me is the fact this unit is no better than my SatanDisk. Anyway, leave it with me and I will see how I get on.

Have you ever had the unit open?

Cheers.
Never had a SatanDisk, so I can't comment on this. If you refer to speed, it doesn't seem exactly fast, but I don't know how much of this is due to using TOS 1.02 which isn't exactly efficient.
I never opened the unit as I have zero proficiency in hacking hardware; as mentioned in the description, the LED never worked, but I never had problems with the unit itself so I wasn't concerned and didn't attempt to fix it. The box around the unit seems simply glued, so probably you can open it without difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom