Atari ST monitor connectors (13pin DIN)

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
As some of you probably know the Atari ST uses a unique and hard to source connector for its monitor port. A round 13 pin DIN connector which is also used by some Roland musical equipment.

These are hard to find anywhere, and when you do find them they are sometimes silly prices due to their rarity.

However I struck gold on evilbay the other day and found a US seller selling them on a BIN for $2.99 (£1.83) with $3 shipping to the UK. So I purchased a few and intend to make some ST scart cables and ST to Amiga monitor cables up. :)

If anyone else is in need of these 13 pin DIN connectors the sellers name is nkc_store, but also has his own store at http://www.nkcelectronics.com/ Prices seem slightly more in the store compared to his ebay sales, but it is good resource if looking for some hard to find connector.

Now to find some Amiga monitor connectors...

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Re: Atari ST monitor connectors (13pin DIN)

The Atari ST Monitor connector (that 13-PIN DIN beast) is also used by the Kenwood car stereo CD Changers.
So, get yourself a Kenwood car stereo CD Changer cable, and chop the end off!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

Oh yeah, I did know that. Still not easy to find those either.

woodycool

Amiga enthusiast!
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK

Harrison said:
Oh yeah, I did know that. Still not easy to find those either.
I would have thought it'd be easier to get aforementioned Kenwood CD Changer cable on ebay than getting just the connectors.
Kenwood car audio equipment is very popular ...... 13-pin DIN connectors, well, aren't!

Harrison

Country
UK
Region
West Sussex

There are more Kenwood leads with the right connector on ebay, but you are paying for the cables and connectors on the other end, so they are generally more expensive than just the connectors. Plus many don't have all the pins present or not all wires connected to the cable, and they are normally mounded connectors so you can't disassemble them to rewire them with your own cables.

Top Bottom